Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A1 Wasters - Skip Hire

Options
  • 29-04-2008 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hello,
    Has anyone else had an issue with A1Waste.ie.

I found:
    1. Didn't deliver on time. Made excuses that driver was sick then another that it was a mixup in paperwork.
    2. Didn't pick up on time.
    3. Didn't call to warn about lateness.
    4. Hung up on me twice.
    5. Customer service is a bunch of hard-core, coarse women who are openly rude and insulting.

Will NEVER ever use them again.

I've warned you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EoC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

A1 Waste are one of the biggest waste management/skip hire cos around and although you've obviously had a bad experience many would disagree with your sentiments expressed.

No doubt your attitude was all too invasive judging by your crude assessment of the front line staff, ie taking calls.

We only use A1 and in general they provide an excellent service and I would not see any reason to switch account. That said we have on ocassions experienced difficulties with lifts/drops, and as is possible during very busy periods demand exceeds supply/availability and this puts pressure on service etc.

Whatever about being upset, your manner will win few sympathisers.

Surely there are better ideas for a crusade?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Be warned - if you are ordering a skip online A1waste.ie is not a secure website!!!!!

I went to arrange collection but no https or lock in site which means my credit or debit card details could very easily be stolen. Can't believe their website is live while being unsecure. Surely this is illegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I've used them a few times because of their price. Found the drivers nice dudes but they weren't really reliable on time for delivery or collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

A1 skip hire is one of the most incompetent and unreliable companies I have ever dealt with. We are waiting for them to collect our skip bag for 7 weeks! They said the arm of the truck was broken on one occassion, another time there had been an accident! Bull****.Everytime we complain (about 10 times now) they say they will definitely collect it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Interesting. I used them a little while ago for the first time, delivery was fine but collection didn't happen when they said it would. I rang back that evening and apparently it hadn't been put into "the system" or something. So they said they'd collect it next day.

...the nice part of the story is that when I woke up at 8am the next morning, it had been taken. So either it was an A1 lorry arriving early, or aliens stole my rubbish. Either way I was happy that a) the skip had been taken and b) I wasn't woken up by a noisy lorry/ufo in the process.

Also, have to say I found the women answering the phones to be courteous enough. Put it down to the recession maybe, and wanting to entice new customers... or just good ol' people being nice for a change (hard to believe sometimes, I know!)

They left me with a replacement skip bag too. Those clever aliens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

They can be a bit hit & miss...

I've used them twice at home. The first time they delivered on time, but the pickup was a different story, I had to call them about 10 - 15 times. The staff weren't very pleasant or helpful to begin with, but just became more rude each time! The skip was in my front garden over a weekend for a house clearout, on the Monday I returned home from work to find some of the contents that we dumped in it were gone, some were scattered around the garden, and a couple of old tubs of paint that we put in it had been opened and spilled all over the garden! (local scum taking stuff & wrecking the place) - So I NEEDED to get it removed ASAP as I didn't want the same thing happening again the next day. I tried explaining that I needed the skip collected sooner rather than later, but there was no talking to yer one on the phone.

I don't know why I decided to use them again recently, but for some reason I did. They delivered around 8am, and I had the skip filled that day, the next day I called them at around 2pm, and the driver arrives at around 2.20pm to collect it!

Inconsistent TBH

Advertisement