Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin enterprise grants: Have you applied and any advice?

Options
  • 29-04-2008 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Basically I want to get on my Blackhorse and ride it out of the home studio into a professional premises. I have applied for a business grant and possible subsidized rent on an office space . I am wondering have any studio owners gone down this road and if so would you please help me with some advice? I really want to spread my wings here in Dublin and I have a business mentor with the Dublin enterprise company. I am nervous, I will be heading into the Dragons den. Has anyone been in a process the same or similar to this?

Cheers

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Will be interesting to hear any info on this. Good Luck with it Dav, Have copied to the Business forum for a bit more exposure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭AccessQuery

dav nagle wrote: »
    Basically I want to get on my Blackhorse and ride it out of the home studio into a professional premises. I have applied for a business grant and possible subsidized rent on an office space . I am wondering have any studio owners gone down this road and if so would you please help me with some advice? I really want to spread my wings here in Dublin and I have a business mentor with the Dublin enterprise company. I am nervous, I will be heading into the Dragons den. Has anyone been in a process the same or similar to this?

Cheers

D

Afternoon,
    You say you're nervous, so you should be. It'll keep you focused! One of your main concerns should be, can the business you're doing fund rent etc on a premises and can you generate enough on going business to fund You (and family) and the various other running costs of the business?

On the premises front have a look at the Guinness Enterprise Centre off Thomas St. Not the cheapest, but could fill your requirement short term. I had a multi-desk office unit there quite a few years back, moved when we expanded. Can't recall the costs, give them a bell for a chat.

Of course there's not much point leaving your current location to then spend hours sitting in traffic. So also have a look in the golden pages under Office Facilities / Serviced Offices. There just might be something available locally that would save you travel time. These type of places usually offer space/units by the desk.

Oh, just one last thing the mentor you have from E.I is just that. You'll need to be confident enough to either action or indeed ignore his/her suggestions.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Afternoon,
    You say you're nervous, so you should be. It'll keep you focused! One of your main concerns should be, can the business you're doing fund rent etc on a premises and can you generate enough on going business to fund You (and family) and the various other running costs of the business?

On the premises front have a look at the Guinness Enterprise Centre off Thomas St. Not the cheapest, but could fill your requirement short term. I had a multi-desk office unit there quite a few years back, moved when we expanded. Can't recall the costs, give them a bell for a chat.

Of course there's not much point leaving your current location to then spend hours sitting in traffic. So also have a look in the golden pages under Office Facilities / Serviced Offices. There just might be something available locally that would save you travel time. These type of places usually offer space/units by the desk.

Oh, just one last thing the mentor you have from E.I is just that. You'll need to be confident enough to either action or indeed ignore his/her suggestions.

Best of luck.

Excellent response thank-you very much indeed, I am self employed and earn enough income to pay rent on a property as and until my business grows to a level that I can drop the bread and butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

The board said my business plan should involve:

1. Executive summary
    2. Detailed financial prediction
    3. Market competition overview

Any tips would be very helpful? Has anyone gone through this process or something similar?

Advertisement