Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesnash Orders - If your waiting for delivey in D15

2»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Really depends on the postal service in your area - most standard post items will arrive next day in our experience but obviously not guaranteeing that ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Really depends on the postal service in your area - most standard post items will arrive next day in our experience but obviously not guaranteeing that ! :)
    Yep I understand. At least I should have it before the Bank Holiday weekend :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭TheDonMan

Gamesnash you guys are heros!!

Recieved my copy of the game on Tuesday @ 10:30 in Cork. Now to get back to playing it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Got mine in Cork yesterday also with standard (free) shipping. Cheers Gamesnash

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

nice, if only i heard of this site before i pre ordered with gameplay.co.uk. i still havent gotten mine yet

I wasnt really expecting any better anyway until of course i received this on the 21st
    Dear ***************,

Grand Theft Auto IV is nearly here!

Thank you for your order ******* for Grand Theft Auto IV. The highly anticipated GTA IV game is due to be with you on Tuesday 29th April. To make sure that we get this title to everyone who ordered it for release day we have had to start our picking and packing process earlier than we would for our normal pre-orders. As a result, we may look to authorise and charge your credit/debit card from tomorrow.

Kind Regards

Customer Service Team
    Gameplay.co.uk

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Is the second batch of games already sold out (or pre-ordered out or whatever you'd say).

What I mean is: if I order it tonight will it be shipped on Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I order it early on tuesday and got a email saying it was dispatched today :D
    express delivery for like 8 or 9 euro so maybe it will come 2moro just in time to stop me studying for my final exam and fail it yay !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Have to add my thanks also. Missed the first stock of pre-orders but the nicely timed PM about the extra availability was sweet and the deal maker for me.
    Game landed when they said it would. 10/10.

Out of interest,how much would GTA4 be worth on a trade in?
    Only reason I ask is that while in Extravision today they had a sign up saying they'll give you €47.......TODAY.:eek::eek:

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Is the second batch of games already sold out (or pre-ordered out or whatever you'd say).

What I mean is: if I order it tonight will it be shipped on Friday?

Sorry the second batch is now sold out as at 10.00 am this morning.

To clarify some confusion that seems to be out there ... We stopped taking pre orders for our batch 1 before it was actually sold out to make sure we had enough stock to fulfill the order. ( Just in case a delivery was short a few games etc ) Once all batch 1 orders were shipped we began allocating remaining stock to those who had pre ordered on batch 2. That is why some customers here ordered on batch 2 and have had their games dispatched already. At this point we have no stock in our warehouse and are waiting on this second allocation to arrive.

Have to add my thanks also. Missed the first stock of pre-orders but the nicely timed PM about the extra availability was sweet and the deal maker for me.

Only reason I ask is that while in Extravision today they had a sign up saying they'll give you €47.......TODAY.:eek::eek:

We would match that price and pay the postage giving a trade in of €48.35 - plus you would be trading in against games at internet prices so all in all we offer a better deal ( obviously I am very biased in this statement ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

Kudos to Gamesnash for release day delivery by hand. I know where I'll be ordering my games for release day delivery from now on ;)

Fair play Gamesnash, just after receiving my copy today. Great service !!
    Now I'm going to play me some GTA4.

You'll be my first stop for games anymore !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

///Runs to tesco to buy ten copies at 39.99 each!!

Good luck finding them :)

If we could we would be out in Tesco buying them ourselves. Obviously we don't know what Tesco are paying for them but in my personal oppinion this has to be a drastic case of below cost selling.

If anyone does pick up spare copies in Tesco or elsewhere that are brand new and sealed etc we would give €52.00 trade in value on our site for them and we are not joking !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

We would match that price and pay the postage giving a trade in of €48.35 - plus you would be trading in against games at internet prices so all in all we offer a better deal ( obviously I am very biased in this statement ;) )

Thats crazy! Your buying second hadn copies for more (probably) than your buying the new copies!

<off topic> I've a few a few wii games i must get ye to have a look at!

EDIT: Hold on your only making €8 per game! Thats even crazier!

Thats crazy! Your buying second hadn copies for more (probably) than your buying the new copies!

<off topic> I've a few a few wii games i must get ye to have a look at!

EDIT: Hold on your only making €8 per game! Thats even crazier!

Actually we make about €4.00 per copy of GTA4. Now you think we're lunatics yeah ;)

Margins are very tight in the computer game industry. By the time we pay credit card fees, postage and packing costs etc we end up with approx €4.00 per copy.

We would love to be able to match Tescos price even Harvey Normans €56.00 it would simply be a loss maker for us and there is no point in that - I can understand the likes of Tesco selling it so cheap - they are bargaining on you doing your weeks shop there while you're at it.

I have no doubt mind you that they are buying it at a better price than us as we would be relatively small in the gaming market ( for the moment anyway - we have plans to go a long way ;) ) but a company like Tesco even our online competitors CDWOW / PLAY etc are buying into the hundreds of thousands of copies between them and will be able to negotiate better rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

yup, you are insane!

A profit margin of less than 10% , crazy! Most places (not talking exclusively about computer games) make more along the 40% kinda region!

I know what your saying though, sure tesco buy for all of Ireland and england at the same time , there definitly going to get it cheaper than you.

Although i didnt order off you myself, i am very impressed with the way you handled the situation, even down to where you didnt allow pre-bookings up to amount you were due to get as there is so often cutbacks or whatever

Maybe we are insane - time will tell !

We are trying to balance competitiveness with what people are prepared to pay for service. For us to be getting a 40% margin on GTA we would be retailing it at €90.00 and no matter how good we were getting it in on time etc people won't pay for it.

We see our price level as an investment. The more satisfied customers we get to come back to us the more we start turning over and the better our cost price becomes - we can then look at sharing that cost saving out so that a) we start making a bit more and more importantly for customers b) we can start getting our prices even lower.

So in the mean time we will continue to bend over backwards with our customer service levels to encourage Irish gamers to use us :) I am not going to mention names but look around this forum and you will see some threads from people who have ordered GTA4 from outside the country and are still waiting on it. We're confident that our location in Ireland, with no tax or customs issues to deal with, speedy delivery on release day for pre orders etc is something that a lot of Irish gamers will appreciate.

So in the mean time we will continue to bend over backwards with our customer service levels to encourage Irish gamers to use us :) I am not going to mention names but look around this forum and you will see some threads from people who have ordered GTA4 from outside the country and are still waiting on it. We're confident that our location in Ireland, with no tax or customs issues to deal with, speedy delivery on release day for pre orders etc is something that a lot of Irish gamers will appreciate.
    I was very happy with your excellent service and I'll definetly recommend it to anyone !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

If I were to order GTA4 for the 360 this evening from Gamesnash.ie when could I expect delivery????

• Advertisement

At this point in time couple of weeks minimum. We have sold out of our wave 2 allocations - there is more due in mid may.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

Jaysus

Rockstar need to buy a few more burners! ! ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I orderd mine on tuesday and it came today at around 2 :D
    il have gamesnash babies

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I orderd mine on tuesday and it came today at around 2 :D
    il have gamesnash babies

Saves recruiting in a few years - :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Just reading this thread. I'll know for the next time to buy my games from gamesnash.ie!
    Any chance of you guys selling MS points?

Advertisement