Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Astra 50/50 deal

Options
  • 29-04-2008 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

There's probably a thread on this already, but here goes!

I have a '99 Astra but I'm (Like a lot of people, I see) really liking the new shape Astras.

I see Opel are doing a 50/50, pay half now, half later deal.

Anybody availed of this?

Good deal? Bad deal?

Suggestions, comments?!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

all depends

if you have to pay full RRP its probably not a great deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

+1

"There's no such thing as a free lunch", as my dad loves to say. If you're getting 0% finance, you're probably paying for it through less (or zero) discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What the lads said. A simple sum:

Let's say the car has a list price of €24k. You pay half now and you basically get an interest free loan of €12k for a year. At an interest rate of say 7%, you save yourself €840

However it's possible that a cash discount off a €24k Astra would be in the region of €1.5k-2k. If that's the case, the 50/50 is a lousy deal....

Advertisement