Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharging by Clearwire?

Options
  • 29-04-2008 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I've spoken to Clearwire and e-mailed them about this issue for the past month, but I can't get any resolution.

For no reason, I was charged €14 extra, a few days after my normal monthly payment was taken.

They don't know why I was charged this and seem unable to refund it.

Has this happened to anyone else? How did you resolve it?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dublindude wrote: »
    Hello

I've spoken to Clearwire and e-mailed them about this issue for the past month, but I can't get any resolution.

For no reason, I was charged €14 extra, a few days after my normal monthly payment was taken.

They don't know why I was charged this and seem unable to refund it.

Has this happened to anyone else? How did you resolve it?

If you are paying by direct debit go to your bank immediately and request a refund of the payment. Under the rules of the direct debit scheme you are entitled to this. Request that your bank make a formal complaint to Clearwire's sponsoring bank about their behaviour.

Rules of the direct debit scheme are at www.ipso.ie. If you are paying by cc make a complaint to your credit card company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Thanks for your reply.

I pay by credit card.

I will try contacting them one more time and if I'm getting no where I will do a chargeback.

Cheers.

Thanks for your reply.

I pay by credit card.

I will try contacting them one more time and if I'm getting no where I will do a chargeback.

Cheers.

Dont let them away with this. Make a formal complaint to your credit card company about this. Unfortunately there are little or no sanctions available either through the dd or cc scehmes so companies will basically do what they like:mad:

I think they get charged €40 every time someone does a chargeback, so that's something I suppose!

I think they get charged €40 every time someone does a chargeback, so that's something I suppose!

Unfortunately that is meaningless for the big companies.

We are increasingly being pushed towards electronic forms of payment without proper safeguards being put in place to protect the consumer. There is no independent body that handles complaints about misbehaviour. Look how Esatbt were able for years to abuse the direct debit system and inflict misery on their customers. And they can do this in the knowledge that there is no real sanction out there. Does anyone seriously believe that the direct debit facility (or cc charging system) will ever be withdrawn from a major company? Do people realise that to make a complaint under the direct debit system about a company you have to complain to your own bank first and then they get on to the 'sponsoring' bank who are supposed to take up the misbehaviour with a company that they have a commercial relationship with.

Its alice in wonderland stuff all basically in favour of the companies.

• Advertisement

Jesus what a joke. I just rang their billing department there. Spoke to Celso.

Note previously to this they can always find me in the system using my mobile number.

He couldn't find me using my mobile number.

I said can we try searching using my address?

He said there's no point. I said can we try?

He says there is no point as there could be lots of results.

So I say can we use my name?

Again he says there is no point. So I give him my name and he says there are some results but he'd have to check to see which one is me, so there's no point.

Frustrated I ask can he transfer me over to someone in customer service. He says there is no point, he would have to transfer me over and that will take forever, so I should just ring them myself.

Disgraceful. Chargeback it is.

Advertisement