Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamonn Dunphy at his best

Options
  • 29-04-2008 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

On Luis Garcia:
    "They (Liverpool) should put Garcia where he belongs - in the dustbin."

On Djibril Cisse:
    "here we have Cisse, right wing, attempts to put in a cross, BANG...hits the full back, again BANG hits the full back, BANG...off the full back again, and once more, BANG...smacks the full back again.... Millions of euro and he can't clear the first man, I mean...what's he trying to do to the full back here, Kill him??"

On Harry Kewell:
    "Kewell should have been yanked off the pitch at half
    time and put in a hot bath, a boiling hot bath."
    "Fat and a clown. A fat clown for all to see."

On Rio Ferdinand:
    "Ferdinand is a clown. He was a liability for the
    first goal and he is always a liability. It was Jan Vennegoor of
    Hesselink against Rio Ferdinand of Barclays Bank."
    "a tramp"

On Fabio Cannavarro:
    "If Rio Ferdinand is worth £100,000 a week, then
    this guy is worth €100 million . . . . . a day"

On Liam Brady (After Ireland lost a two goal lead against Holland in 1983):
    "He is often looked on as a great player. He is nothing of the kind. His performance on Wednesday was a disgrace, a monument to conceit adorned with vanity and self-indulgence, rendered all the more objectional by the swagger of his gait. He was deemed by many observers to have had a splendid game."

On Niall Quinn:
    "I'm not gonna address the Niall Quinn agenda, Niall
    Quinn is a creep"
    "The man's an idiot, a Mother Theresa"

On Barcelona:
    "After watching Watford against Manchester City last night
    that was like a bubblebath. It was beautiful."

On Garth Crooks and Sven Goran Eriksson:
    "ha, ha, ha, that's the first time you'll see sex between 2 men live on the BBC"

During the coverage of Euro 2004:
    "You need dictatorships and poverty to produce great footballers."

On Christiano Ronaldo:
    the way Ronaldo "clicks his heels", is the "most wicked thing in the game." "a simple cheat" "Poof ball"

On Mick McCarthy:
    "He's one of the biggest whingers in world football... he's a bloody eejit."

On Kevin Kilbane:
    "Kilbane's head is better than his feet. If only he had three heads, one on the end of each leg."

On John Giles:
    "Usually it takes a bottle of Bacardi and a gallon of Coke to get John out of his seat."

On Michael Carrick:
    "Carrick was signed for Spurs a few years back for £3m. That's the level he is at. He is a nothing player. He is one-paced. He doesn't have the personality to always get on the ball like a United player should. "

Before the Liverpool .v. Real Betis game at Anfield when Roy Keane announced his retirement from football Bill O'Herlihy stated that in the column about Roy a journalist called him a thug. Dunphy continued roaring at Bill asking him who's column it was. Bill replied it was on the back page of the Sunday Times. "Look at it" he told Eamon. Eamon still pestered him asking who wrote it. Bill replied "I can't remember his name". Eamon continued saying:
    "I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

On about the Fergie V Strachen feud:
    Eamon: "Scots they're either nice or they're horrid and these two are horrid.
    Bill: "The Scots wont like that Eamon, thats bordering on racism".
    Eamon: "Its not racism its ethnic criticism Bill".

On the stubborn climate which exists in the board room at Real Madrid:
    "Bill, Bill... those directors over there are on another planet. They're on mushrooms or something...THEY'RE ON ACID BILL!!!"

On John Hartson:
    'Bill, Hartson is not a 7million pound player....its a disgrace, a shambles! This is the state of football today Bill. I have a clip here of why Hartson is NOT a £7million player....Roll it there Bill! (literally 1 second in to the clip) OKAY, HOLD IT THERE BILL!!! (draws a circle around Hartson's arse) Bill, that is NOT the arse of a £7million player!''

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

L:)L

Love that one "ethnic criticism"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

"Niall Quinn is a creep". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

folan wrote: »
    Bill, that is NOT the arse of a £7million player!''

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Homer

Ah some comedy gold from Dunphy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I loved the post match discussion the other day where Graham Souness paid Dunphy a compliment, saying he was the best in the field of journalism. Dunphy then proceeded to insult Souness 3 times in the space of 2 mins, including pushing him out of the way whilst saying "Move back, I can't see my adversary" (John Giles).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

yeah - have to say I hate him. I'm a liverpool fan, and as much as I despise Ronaldo and all that's bad about him, you can't deny the fact the lads scored over 30 goals from midfield this season - yet Dunphy bangs on about how poor Ronaldo is = rubbish. also, Dunphy once commented that "Stephen Gerrard is a nothing player", yet I've heard him contradict himself on numerous occasions declaring Gerrard to be "a matchwinner", and someone who possesses the rare ability to "change the game with sublime goals" etc etc. Dunphy is what he is - a circus. A sideshow. People watch him, the same way children stare at the deformaties in a freak show. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭User Named

I watched that part he ranted about the jouralist who ran off with another woman and Roy Keane. What annoyed me was that when Dunphy was talking he wouldnt let anybody else talk and even said to Bill to let him talk if he didnt mind, also he went one to state that it was just his opinion, thats all. But when Bill, Liam o Brady or Johnny Giles spoke he couldnt take it and kepted butting in, so much so that he took his mike off when he got annoyed at what they said, particularly Bill. After all it was just their opinion. Contradiction at its finest...A true Hypocrit. Why was he so up Keane's ass anyway??

User Named wrote: »
    Why was he so up Keane's ass anyway??
    for the money my friend - he is the devil :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

I think someone is just angry because Liverpool lost horribly the other night

Dunphy is a funny bastard end of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

• Advertisement

I think someone is just angry because Liverpool lost horribly the other night

Dunphy is a funny bastard end of
    true, very true :(

but he is a joke though "end of".....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I thought Souness was great twice on Wednesday night.

Firstly when trying to defend SAF team selection. He turns around and goes "look we have all tried managing" then stops looks at Dunphy and goes "have you managed anyone" real sarcasticly.

Secondly then he repeats the same trick when talkin about Man Utds midfield and saying as a player he would look at the midfield of the opposition first. So he goes "Look we were all midfields" then turns to Eamonn again and goes "who/where did you play?"

Two great put downs without coming across as mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

he is just a huge real life troll, put there to annoy and amuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i dunno why people hate dunphy

the mans the funniest thing on irish tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

mru wrote: »
    for the money my friend - he is the devil :(

+ 1 - couldn't agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

dunphy is the only analyis i know that slats and hates Ronaldo therefore he is a legend

Advertisement