Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Ben & Jerry's - Today only!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Will go down nicely during a GTA session for people. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Can't download through rapidshare, it says I have to sign up to the premium package in order to download, which costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

johnfás wrote: »
    Can't download through rapidshare, it says I have to sign up to the premium package in order to download, which costs.

Click the "free" button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭blobert

Can I just print this and bring it to any shop?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Also go into any of the cinemas today that have a Ben & Jerry's scoop shop & get a cone absolutely free today only. :)

I know it's available in the 3 UCI cinemas (Blanch, Coolock & Tallaght), Vue in Liffey Valley & some others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

also free at the IFSC at lunchtime (according to the Metro) - at CHQ I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

celticfc wrote: »
    Also go into any of the cinemas today that have a Ben & Jerry's scoop shop & get a cone absolutely free today only. :)

I know it's available in the 3 UCI cinemas (Blanch, Coolock & Tallaght), Vue in Liffey Valley & some others.

Alternate link for people who cant access rapidshare:

http://entertainment.ie/benandjerrys/FreeConeVoucher.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cj2007

ye i went last year to dundrum got 2 free scoops !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Sweet :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Anyone used it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Where can you get the 150ml tubs, do Spar/Londis/Xtravision do them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Extravision do them.
    I hope staff have been informed cos i dont want to look like a gimp going in with my black & white piece of paper demanding free ice cream.
    i thought it was just in the actual ben and jerrys shops lik in the cinemas?

Can someone be the guinea pig, I too don't want to go in like a bellend with my freebie printout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Anyone know which shops are supporting these yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭JoeBaz

It looks like it's only in the Ben & Jerry Scoop Shops.

Here are the Terms and Conditions from the Site:
    Terms & Conditions:

- Ben & Jerry’s Free Cone Day in Ireland takes place on Tuesday 29th April, 08

- Scoops of Ben & Jerry’s will be given away between 12pm-7pm at selected Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops

- The free ice cream is limited to one scoop per person – but you can rejoin the queue again!

- Do not try your luck too hard though - we reserve the right to refuse to serve over-indulgent Ben & Jerry's lovers.

- Each Scoop Shop is supporting a local charity for the day so although the ice cream is free any donations to the charity are gratefully received

- We'll do our best ensure that you will not eat our shops clean, but this offer is subject to availability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

JoeBaz wrote: »
    It looks like it's only in the Ben & Jerry Scoop Shops.

Here are the Terms and Conditions from the Site:
    Terms & Conditions:

- Ben & Jerry’s Free Cone Day in Ireland takes place on Tuesday 29th April, 08

- Scoops of Ben & Jerry’s will be given away between 12pm-7pm at selected Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops

- The free ice cream is limited to one scoop per person – but you can rejoin the queue again!

- Do not try your luck too hard though - we reserve the right to refuse to serve over-indulgent Ben & Jerry's lovers.

- Each Scoop Shop is supporting a local charity for the day so although the ice cream is free any donations to the charity are gratefully received

- We'll do our best ensure that you will not eat our shops clean, but this offer is subject to availability

Is that just about the free scoops?? Maybe the vouchers for the tubs are different?:confused:

I was referring to the 'shorty' 150ml tubs which are in the PDF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Its just cinemas here - noticed the signs up in omniplex santry last night.

The scoop shop is behind where you have to show your ticket to get in, so to get free ice cream you'll have to be going to the cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

sweet.......hopefully centra has some:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

where did this voucher come from?
    It must be special / able to use in other shops, as it's for the 150ml shorty tub.
    You don't even need a voucher for free scoops in the other stores AFAIK.
    Please report back if yer successful!!

Probably from here - http://entertainment.ie/benandjerrys/

It's in today's free papers as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

sweet.......hopefully centra has some:pac:

Um hello? Did you read the b&j link?

Dyflin wrote: »
    Um hello? Did you read the b&j link?

Um, hello? Did you?

'If you can't make it to the cinema, you can also download a voucher for a free 'shortie' here.'

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

tried the voucher in centra on westland row but they wouldn't accept it, said they'd heard nothing about it despite it being in today's papers.

Ah well, if anyone knows of a shop in dublin city accepting them please let me know :)

Ditto for Cork! Though I can't recall which shops sell the little tubs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Ah i'd be excited about this if it weren't for the fact we have fridges full of the stuff for free in work all the time :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

eth0_ wrote: »
    Ah i'd be excited about this if it weren't for the fact we have fridges full of the stuff for free in work all the time :P

Where do you work and can I have a job?:D

CV will arrive shortly....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

muppets in centra on nassau street wouldn't accept it either, manager was on phone and just nodded no to counter girl, mad queue so couldn't wait to speak to manager. aaargh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

From the ben and jerry website it looks like cineworld aren't participating in free cone day either ...

Can someone do a job run to one of the cinemas and get me any mint-choc type flavour.

Seriously, at least one of you is bound to be unemployed, with nothing else to do.

Save a thought for those of us in the cube farm with no ice cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Right, I've printed off me voucher and I'm gonna knock into town after work.

Someone go and find out what shop is gonna give me a tub.

Ok, just off the phone to a nice B+J lady, and she said the 150ml vouchers should be redeemable in any store which stocks the tubs, but it is up to the stores themselves if they'll accept them.

So we know so far that Centra have lucked out in two different stores.

Someone try the likes of Xtravision / Spar / Londis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Anarking

That was pretty good ice cream, had to listen to some rotten hippy rhetoric about fairtrade though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Cactus Col wrote: »
    From the ben and jerry website it looks like cineworld aren't participating in free cone day either ...
    I don't think Cineword have a B&J Scoop Shop IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

tried it in local centra here in limerick, worked no problem. they hadnt heard of it, but once they read it, and showed it to a manager they accepted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Should be no problem for any stores - nearly all promotional vouchers are redeemed by PHS, so retailers just lump all coke / ben jerry / uncle sams, ragu etc etc vouchers into one envelope every month or so and cheque for full retail price is sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Anyone try cinema in Dundrum yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I tried it in Spar on Baggot St. No luck. Anybody had any luck in any Dublin city centre shops? I'm dying to have one now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    I tried it in Spar on Baggot St. No luck. Anybody had any luck in any Dublin city centre shops? I'm dying to have one now!
    +1 It's the perfect afternoon for ice-cream. Might try the spar here in ballsbridge but I don't know if they even have the tubs.

i got it in the cinema in dundrum at lunch time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

celticfc wrote: »
    I don't think Cineword have a B&J Scoop Shop IIRC

They do! They just won't participate. I guess it's a franchise type of shop and Cineworld are begrudgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

Me and GF got one each in Spar in Grand Canal Dock earlier, manager didn't look to pleased tho....

Tried Xtravision & Dunnes in Rathmines, neither had 150ml tubs, but Dunnes were doing the big 500ml tubs for half price (about 3.50)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

got one in movies@ swords today... the guy loaded the ice cream into a tub for me..
    handed it to my daughter and he proceeded to fill one up for me!!
    was yummmmmmmmmm! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

cailinoBAC wrote: »

oh grrr, which spar? the one on Upper Baggot Street near Xtra-Vision by any chance? That's the one i was going to try....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Centra & Spar on Baggot Street both refused the voucher :mad:

What are sh*te promotion.........they should rename it "hand in a useless piece of paper and make a tit out of yourself day" :p

Haha, seems to be the gist of things, unless you're at one of the Cinemas or IFSC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement