Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arghhh..chainreactions

Options
  • 29-04-2008 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

So I emailed them last week about missing parts to my bike..no reply so far.Spent an hour redialling them this morning...no joke.Considering that they are the 'biggest supplier' of bikes in europe, not being capable of answer emails/phone calls is ridiculous. Id pretty much warn people off chainreactions completely as their customer service sucks, and if something is/goes wrong with your bike your pretty much up **** creek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've never ordered a bike from CRC, but I have ordered a ridiculous amount of bike related kit from them. I've never had any issues with service. There was one time when they sent a cheaper cheaper jersey to me instead of the one I ordered. They issued me with a voucher for the difference when I told that I am prepared to keep the jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Indeed. I am in the same situation myself with Chainreaction at the moment. Utterly crap customer service when it comes to post-sales service.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

That's interesting. I emailed them late on Friday evening about returning a part on warranty. Got a reply first thing on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I'm also in the 'never ordered a bike but loads of stuff' camp, and can't fault the dealings I have had with them. Couple of emails back and forth, rang them to find out opening hours of the shop, all without issue.
    Hope you get sorted soon though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I've never had any probelms with order in the past. I think they're pretty fast in replying to any email questions I've had in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Maybe they deal with them in order of how easily they can resolve the issue?

el tonto's problem is solved with 'here's yer RMA, send it back'
    FOLDnoSHOW's requires them to get in touch with their suppliers, order spare parts, etc.

I'm surprised you didn't at least get an acknowledgement though...

kenmc wrote: »
    I'm also in the 'never ordered a bike but loads of stuff' camp, and can't fault the dealings I have had with them. Couple of emails back and forth, rang them to find out opening hours of the shop, all without issue.
    Hope you get sorted soon though

I don't understand this. They've consistently taken a long time to reply to my e-mails and I've never got through to them on the phone before despite numerous attempts. They do have different e-mail addresses for the Warranty and Sales depts though, so maybe the sales dept is better manned?

penexpers wrote: »
    I don't understand this. They've consistently taken a long time to reply to my e-mails and I've never got through to them on the phone before despite numerous attempts. They do have different e-mail addresses for the Warranty and Sales depts though, so maybe the sales dept is better manned?

Perhaps it's changed recently, it's been a while since I have emailed them, but any time I have done so in the past, they have always responded promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭albob

Only once ever managed to get a reply off them. That was when I ordered a few things, money charged to my card but items never moved from the "processing" mode on their site. Many phone call attempts and emails later (about 10 days after placing order) I got a reply apologising saying the one of my items was actually out of stock an dthe warehouse had sent the order up to the offices. Someone must then have started using it to play X's and O's or something. Eventually got my stuff.
    Even though I bought my bike off them, I would be slow spending such money with them again as its not a good sign when a company are so hard to contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Thak God I didn't buy off them:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have bought a full bike from them, plus 22 other seperate orders ranging from 10 euro to 1100 euro in the last 2 years. I average about one order a month. Never had a problem, not once, any time I email them (most recently last week), I have a response in a day or two. Maybe I get special treatment because I am a regular ?

I guess you must do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

31 orders here (that's just since the big website update in '04).

I've never had a problem with deliveries, returns or canceling orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I too get almost instant replies and great service.

You sure that your spam filter isn't false positiving them?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

I order something from them nearly every week... Never ever had a problem with there customer service. Sometimes it does take an extra day for something to get sent but I can live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I've bought lots from CRC (including a full bike) and they are pretty mixed in my experience. They have replied to some emails quickly; others not at all. They are very difficult to get on the phone. I've returned stuff to them for refund with no problems. They have sent on stuff quickly when it has been missing (cleats with a pair of pedals for example.)

Having bought bikes from both Wiggle bike setup is a hell of a lot better; CRC just ship the box on to you as they get it, while Wiggle really do set it up perfectly. I would think twice about buying another bike from them but would have no worry buying components etc.

Yeah I'd still buy components off them, but I wouldn't buy a full bike off them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

next day delivery?? how about next month delivery, ive a outstanding order fom the 30/3/2008:o:mad:(granted there was a out of stock item, but was due in on the 18/4/2008)

im getting quite pissed off as ive a sexy frame and even sexier forks, and no other parts:mad:

thought i may have gotten them yesterday as told on the phone, nope..........fair enough maybe today....nope not yet, and only id say another 1h and a half to go in reality till in drags into tomorow.
    they are still "processing".

this is really getting ****ing stupid, how hard is it to put **** you have "in stock" into a box and ship it???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Someone should send this link to Chainreaction.

If they see this many angry custopmers they might do something about it.

(That's if it's passed on to a team leader or manager)

CRC, if you read this I love you! Send vouchers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

I have bought afull bike off them and also varoius bits and pieces over the last three years and my only complaint was earlier this year when I ordered a set of road wheels which were out of stock.
    It proved nearly impossible to get an answer from them as to when they would be in stock so I would be wary of ordering any out of stock items again. Other than that, they are 100%( in my opinion).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

humm, now my last order s now complete, but the order from last mont isnt and they have all the parts in stock!

**** sake!

i better not be getting the bits in dribs and drabs:mad:

this is really pissing me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I ordered a bike and a few bits from the a couple of months ago, they sent the wrong bike and it took over a week to rsolve the issue.
    When i realised i had got the wrong bike i emailed(a couple of times) them and phoned them, still havnt got a reply on the email, i eventualy got through on the phone....it took a couple of days.....they didnt seem to interested in chassing up where my parcel was....just gave me a phone number for parcel force and told me to phone them myself.
    Parcelforce didnt have the package.....more time spent trying to phone CRC....finally got through.....again...not overly helpfull...spoke to a manager who was a bit of a Nob, the excuse i was given??? "we are the biggest online bike store in Europe and are to busy to answer phones and emails".....finally got the bike a week later........like previous posters said......its fresh out of the box!!!! nothing done to it....

I would never use them again for a bike....maybe for parts if they were good value.......

What makes them good value for parts is the free shipping. Other sites (like Wiggle) offer free shipping for orders over 50 pounds, so if you have a few things to get it might be worth going there instead.

I just remembered when I bought a bike from Evans, I had to call them to find out where it was and the phone was answered promptly and they were able to tell me on the spot where the bike was. Then I had to call them about something warranty related and they answered the phone promptly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Aye, CRC are very hit and miss. If I'm ordering stuff off them now, I make sure everything I want is in stock. If it tops 50 quid, I'll check wiggle instead as they are more reliable.

They seem to be cleaned out at the moment, loads of stuff out of stock, really annoying. I've always gotten a response when I emailed, but it's usually 3 or 4 days later and sometimes the responses can be.. not very polite or sometimes just stupid.

"Hi, I placed X order. Item Y is out of stock now but wasn't. Please replace Y with Z and send the order on."

4 days later.

"Hello Sir, on your order, Y is out of stock. Would you like to replace it with something?"

Uhhh...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    "we are the biggest online bike store in Europe and are to busy to answer phones and emails"
    Yeah, it's not really a great answer. I would see CRC a bit like the Ryanair of bike shops (mind you, I fly Ryanair plenty, and order from CRC.)

Advertisement