Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy / Where's sold out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

smyths carrickmines had some today (xbox & ps3) at about 2:30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Id try smiths in carrick mines its not one where you can just walk up to and get it.Mite be your best bet.Plus they never answer there phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Any luck with Carrickmines? Was going to try there later myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

The big monkey on the front of the building raised my spirits though.

Nothing like a monkey to raise the auld spirits!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

does anyone know if this game will be available in dublin agin before the weekend??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Somewhere said they'll have it in tomorrow or Thursday, can't remember fecking where though I rang so many places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Get yourself to Liffey Valley, tons of both versions there.

Holsten wrote: »
    Get yourself to Liffey Valley, tons of both versions there.

Where????? Quickly my craving are killing me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I rang Xtravision in Celbridge who were sold out. They told me I should pre-book a copy for the second shipping on May 9. After that there is no more shippings until September! :confused:

Anyone else hear anything like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Myself and my mate got it for XBOX up in carrickmines about half an hour ago, maybe a bit longer. Just walkedi n, grabbed it off the shelf. Asked the guy behind the counter how many they had left...."Three, four boxes"...He said, as in boxes of copies, not three or four games. Gonna go play now, just thought I'd help some others out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Just talked to my mate in Xtravision. Apparently this always happens with the big sony games as they dont send enough for demand to build up hype. They had asked for more copies but got nothing. She said microsoft always sends as many as they ask for, for the big releases (Halo, Gears) but they couldnt this time as they arent in control of the distribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭DrChoda

Smyths in Carrickmines seemed to have plenty of copies. I thought I would chance my luck and I was actually suprised they had that many copies for both 360 and ps3.
    Just a heads up that they have a sign at the cash saying strictly 18 and over to purchase GTA4.

On another note, I had reserved 2 copies for myself and a friend at Blanchardstown Argos. Obviously don't need these anymore and each are under their own 'reserved' number.

Giving both of the reserves away. They are good until end of business tomorrow.
    First two pm's will get one reservation number each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

ne place in SLIGO NOT Sold Out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Where????? Quickly my craving are killing me!!

Liffey Valley Shopping Centre, on the N4, just before the M50 Toll.

Zavvi had a few when I was there while GAME had like 4 shelves full of them.

Well too late now.:( Looks like a drive out to Carrickmines tomorrow after school (Thank God for half-days on Wednesdays:D).

I refuse to pay €75 in Zavvi anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 davec9313

Still copies available in Smyths in Blanch !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

*shakes fist at Smyths closing at 6*

Wanted to dash up to Fonthill quickly before the champions league but that's not gonna happen.

davec9313 wrote: »
    Still copies available in Smyths in Blanch !!!

PS3 someone posted on here or another thread they're all out of PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The 360 Asian version is region and available for sale on Play Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-2hcw.html

I'm not in a big rush with it as I have an exam coming up so I'll wait for it.

Works out at about €37-38 with a $5 off coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Holsten wrote: »
    Liffey Valley Shopping Centre, on the N4, just before the M50 Toll.

Zavvi had a few when I was there while GAME had like 4 shelves full of them.

As of 6.30pm, no PS3 editions left in any of the Liffey Valley stores. Game had plenty of X360 copies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

anthonymcg wrote: »
    *shakes fist at Smyths closing at 6*

Wanted to dash up to Fonthill quickly before the champions league but that's not gonna happen.

As of 5.30pm, no PS3 copies left in Fonthill. Loads of X360 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Not a single copy left anywhere in Dundalk it seems :(
    Both of the Tescos, Gamestop, Xtravision, Zavvi sold out. I even tried Dunne's....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

If theres anyone down in the county Limerick area I picked up mine in the Newcastle West Tesco on the way home from work. I knew the 3 Tescos in Limerick were sold out so thought I would try there and sure enough they had 5 or 6 copies for the Xbox left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Debaser101

Anyone know if they're sold out in Smyth's Airsaide Swords? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Gamestop and xtravision in ennis are gone. Xtravision will have them sometime next week thoough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

Sold out in tescos mahon point cork , plenty of copys in game mahon however, as of 5.15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

If you want to buy onine go for Gamesnah, brilliant service !! http://www.gamesnash.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

The 360 Asian version is region and available for sale on Play Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-2hcw.html

I'm not in a big rush with it as I have an exam coming up so I'll wait for it.

Works out at about €37-38 with a $5 off coupon.

Sound, didn't realise any versions were region free. Off to Italy tomorrow so hopefully it will have arrived when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Vyse wrote: »
    Sound, didn't realise any versions were region free. Off to Italy tomorrow so hopefully it will have arrived when I get home.

With the big warning that it's only the Asian version NOT the US one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I got a 360 copy in my local Tesco, the guy said all the PS3 copies were sold out.

Advertisement