Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy / Where's sold out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

For people asking where to get it, nearest tesco and all that malarky. Tesco Finglas (Clearwater) are getting stock of GTA in tomorrow morning at 7 and will be €40, along with Tesco Stillorgan.

Don't know about Stillorgan getting it. I was there this morning and they were quite adamant that they won't be getting stock in. They might have just be saying that to fob me off.

It's on my way to work, so I'll pop in tomorrow morning anyway. I hope you're right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭rameire

im getting my missus to pick one up from harvey normans in naas now, which means there are only three ( 3) left, be warned these are special edition ones only

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

None of the tesco's are giving an exact time because they dont want hundreds of people queuing for them. So, its basically by chance if you find them.

I was told tesco in bray are only getting about 6/7 copies of the game.
    I was also told that Tesco in ballybrack are getting a "few" in "possibly early morning" but she wasnt "too sure".

hmmmm......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

johnnyflav wrote: »
    Don't know about Stillorgan getting it. I was there this morning and they were quite adamant that they won't be getting stock in. They might have just be saying that to fob me off.

It's on my way to work, so I'll pop in tomorrow morning anyway. I hope you're right.

Well your man who answered the phone in Stillorgan was really helpful and was 100% new stock will be in Friday morning and still will be €40 until Tuesday.:D

sternn wrote: »
    None of the tesco's are giving an exact time because they dont want hundreds of people queuing for them. So, its basically by chance if you find them.

Well the woman in Finglas told me they'll be in by 7am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭rameire

so i think we can take it that most of the tescos that sell games will hopefully have stock of gta on their shelves at 7 am on friday.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Well your man who answered the phone in Stillorgan was really helpful and was 100% new stock will be in Friday morning and still will be €40 until Tuesday.:D

Well in that case, I'll see you there when the doors open ;)

I'm guessing they'll be going to the non-grocery section...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

I'll be passing tesco in CH at 6:30am, will drop it on the off chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭monaghanbiffo

Just back from Finglas Tesco and your man told me that they would not be out tomorrow in tesco or for the foreseeable future as the gta company are refusing to stock them due to the low price they charged on launch day.

I dont want to believe this but your man really seemed to know what he was on about. I told him my sister said someone in the store told her it'd be restocked tomorrow but he said that was the original plan but they are now effectively banned from selling the game!!!!!!!!!!!!

What ya think?

I'm probably still gonna get up early and head over just incase but i'm really not hopeful at the mo!!!

I hope that is just a ploy to turn people away because of their limited supply....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Holsten wrote: »
    Both Tesco in Lucan and Maynooth sell Ps3 games.

Tesco Lucan were only selling X360 game.

johnnyflav wrote: »
    Well in that case, I'll see you there when the doors open ;)

I'm guessing they'll be going to the non-grocery section...

Well I won't be there, my mate is getting it for me at ike 7 and then I'm meeting in town.:D Not trying to even get from the Southside to Finglas at that time of the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Harvey Norman may still have the special edition for both formats,the store in Blanchardstown had it at 18:00 yesterday and the one in swords the day before,they are not on the shop floor you have to ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just back from Finglas Tesco and your man told me that they would not be out tomorrow in tesco or for the foreseeable future as the gta company are refusing to stock them due to the low price they charged on launch day.

I dont want to believe this but your man really seemed to know what he was on about. I told him my sister said someone in the store told her it'd be restocked tomorrow but he said that was the original plan but they are now effectively banned from selling the game!!!!!!!!!!!!

What ya think?

I'm probably still gonna get up early and head over just incase but i'm really not hopeful at the mo!!!
    Why would they care how much it's being sold for? Obviously they're publishing the game to every shop at the same price, if a shop wants to sell it for little profit that's the shops prerogative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Damien1989

Sold out in Game, Nenagh tipperary and xtravision nenagh!
    Both formats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

Nothing in Clare Hall at 6:30 this morning :(

Was in tesco in bray, greystones, stillorgan and ballybrack this morning, NONE!!

Nobody knew when the games would be in....

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Was in Tesco Stillorgan a few mins ago, sold out on not get any more in! :(:(:(

Nothing in Stillorgan Tesco this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

yup, good call on harvey norman, naas, bought one there last night, forgot to ask how many there were left but they still have some of each format in stock, they only have the collectors edition buts its well worth it imo

• Advertisement

I was at tesco this morning at 8, and none were released...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Tesco Lucan was barren this morning at 7am. Nobody around that looked like they might know anything but asked a shelf packer who told me it's sold out and the girl who looks after the games would be in at 8.30.

Guy in Maynooth yesterday (who was looking for a copy himself) was fairly sure they wouldn't have any more in before the €20 off offer ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ciano14

tescos were supposed to be getting them into today but none did
    apperently smyths inn carrickmines have a "low stock" left if anyones around there

I just bought one game for my friend on ebay €75...dont mind paying that much for it considering its sold out everywhere.. Aparently the seller has "more than one". He seems to be the only irish seller of the game on ebay at the moment. Shhhh, i didnt tell you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 grear

OK i didnt pre-order the game but now i really want to play the game!
    has anyone been able to get the game on ps3 today? and where. please tell me,
    ive tried loads of shops already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Grear where are you? if your in dublin id say outlying areas will have some.

Yup your best bet is GAME Liffey Valley supposely have loads, no where in town has any. Feckin' Tescos getting my hopes up.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

Does anyone know whats the deal with Xtra visions??? I pre-booked a copy after the release date and they said they wud have it today but my damn pessimism is makin me worry!

Anyone know of any Smyths or Argos's that have the PS3 version in stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Tesco in Celbridge are expecting to have it for the Xbox today, but they don't have it yet. For some reason they sell PS3 consoles but not the games.

Advertisement