Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy / Where's sold out?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

People giving out because Tesco staff don't know the specific details about a video game product. FFS guys. To the guy who rang head office: give me a f ucking break.

The staff are trained to sell groceries. Must of them haven't even heard of the Xbox I'd wager, let alone the GTA series. If I was working in Tesco and some clown gave me a going over cause I didn't know about a video game I'd punch his f ucking lights out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Any idea where I can get one in the Ennis/Limerick area?

XBOX that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Any idea where I can get one in the Ennis/Limerick area?

XBOX that is

NewApproach just bought it an hour ago in the new smiths on the ennis rd limerick next to woodies(for xbox 360).

They had 5 left after i bought it, they close at 9 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I have a copy (XBOX 360) reserved in Argos, Dundalk Retail Park until close of business Saturday 3rd May. I won't be able to collect it so if anyone wants the reservation number, PM me and I'll pass it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

NewApproach just bought it an hour ago in the new smiths on the ennis rd limerick next to woodies(for xbox 360).

They had 5 left after i bought it, they close at 9 tonight.

I'm too late now so, but I will make a point of getting there in the morning.

Thanks for that, enfant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

The stock checker on Argos's site was showing the game as out of stock in the stores I checked. (Castlebar among others)

I just re-checked it there and it looks like the system has been updated.
    Its now listing copies for reservation for tomorrow:
    Availability at Castlebar
    in stock now for collection
    Fri 02nd May - Sat 03rd May

I'm guessing other Argos stores will also have some for reservation now.

Linkage:
    https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500001101&langId=-1&searchTerms=gta+iv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭afatbollix

so no more for tesco then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

just reserved one on argos.ie from the limerick store on childers road.. says pick up today or tomorrow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

scratch that just checked and it was last one seemignly.. guess what when i get there in the morn i bet they have some excuse!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

was in the crescent in limerick today and there were loads of gta boxes in gamestop and roxy and zavvi but it was expensive in zavvi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Harpy wrote: »
    was in the crescent in limerick today and there were loads of gta boxes in gamestop and roxy and zavvi but it was expensive in zavvi

Expensive, 75 fcukin euro!!!!Thats about 10e more than anyone else.Total and utter profiteering.The problem is that people will still buy it there.I'm boycottin them for a while, unless i find an offer i Cant resist:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was in Smyths and Gamestop in Bray yesterday and both had copies on the shelf. May want to phone up before venturing out though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

jayteecork wrote: »
    My 360 copy from www.play-asia.com just shipped.
    €40.87 total including delivery. Tesco prices.

For nothing really. I'm a gaming veteran and remember when Street Fighter 2 came out for the SNES in 1993 it cost 65 Irish pounds!!!! Taking inflation into account and conversion to euro that's probably about 130 euro!

thats nothing I remember seeing Neo-Geo games like Art Of Fighting selling for over £300 back in the day:)

most expensive i ever paid was £75 for Turok for the N64 on the first week of the machines release.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

jayteecork wrote: »
    People giving out because Tesco staff don't know the specific details about a video game product. FFS guys. To the guy who rang head office: give me a f ucking break.

The staff are trained to sell groceries. Must of them haven't even heard of the Xbox I'd wager, let alone the GTA series. If I was working in Tesco and some clown gave me a going over cause I didn't know about a video game I'd punch his f ucking lights out.

I presume your rant is directed to me so I'll respond purely in the hope that you may read this and prevent yourself from parking in the handicapped space in Tesco's because if you EVEN attempted to punch my lights out you would be using a wheelchair.

Now thats out of the way as I said I contacted the head office complaining AND not the floor staff. When I did phone the actual stores in question I asked specificly for someone in electronics and 2 simple questions...price and availability. In 2 of the 3 stores I contacted I could get neither info and in the other I got the price albeit uncertainly. Is that too much to expect? Maybe for a neanderthal like yourself who is unable to grasp the concept of customer service who probably by the way isn't even interested in buying the game because they probably mistake it for reality and commit the actual crimes and if not will steal it!!!

Anyway my point is simply I find their advertising lame, deceptive and purely a ploy to lure people in store when there is such limited availability at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elmoie

DarrenG wrote: »
    I have a copy (XBOX 360) reserved in Argos, Dundalk Retail Park until close of business Saturday 3rd May. I won't be able to collect it so if anyone wants the reservation number, PM me and I'll pass it on.

Just sent pm for code :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 manyoo99

hey,
    is there anywhere in tralee that still has the ps3 version?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

jimmay wrote: »
    from parking in the handicapped space in Tesco's because if you EVEN attempted to punch my lights out you would be using a wheelchair.

neanderthal like yourself who is unable to grasp the concept of customer service

You made me laugh anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 whoareyouanyway

ok people living in Ballybrack and am willing to travel to anywhere in Dublin or surounding counties to get a copy of this game can anyone tell me where it is availble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

jimmay wrote: »
    I presume your rant is directed to me so I'll respond purely in the hope that you may read this and prevent yourself from parking in the handicapped space in Tesco's because if you EVEN attempted to punch my lights out you would be using a wheelchair.

Now thats out of the way as I said I contacted the head office complaining AND not the floor staff. When I did phone the actual stores in question I asked specificly for someone in electronics and 2 simple questions...price and availability. In 2 of the 3 stores I contacted I could get neither info and in the other I got the price albeit uncertainly. Is that too much to expect? Maybe for a neanderthal like yourself who is unable to grasp the concept of customer service who probably by the way isn't even interested in buying the game because they probably mistake it for reality and commit the actual crimes and if not will steal it!!!

Anyway my point is simply I find their advertising lame, deceptive and purely a ploy to lure people in store when there is such limited availability at that price.

Jesus man, you need to relax its only a computer game. You must not have alot else to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 whoareyouanyway

ok people living in Ballybrack and am willing to travel to anywhere in Dublin or surounding counties to get a copy of this game can anyone tell me where it is availble?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Gamestop in Kilkenny have tons of 360 copies on a shelf in the middle of the shop but won't sell them unless you have a preorder... a sign saying so would be nice. Lest wasting of everyone's time all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Anarking

Anyone got any ideas where to get this now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

on thursday xtra game in the square had copies

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

So whats the story with the ones from www.play-asia.com
    I'm assuming that they're region free or PAL but am I going to be stuck with Japanese subtitles or anything like that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Theres absolutely no fear with the ps3 version.It WILL work on any ps3 console ever made.As for the 360 game, it says it will work on a PAL 360.I would'nt quite take this as gospel, although play-asia are usually fairly reliable

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en-84-b.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Okay, for anyone in Naas area.
    Smyths in Naas, just beside the ball, got between 20-25 copies in this morning (arrived after 11.30am).
    They won't hold them, its strictly first come first served.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I have a reserve code for gta 4 on xbox in liffey valley argos, and a reserve code for 4 gta on xbox and 1 gta on ps3 in blanchardstown west end argos. I accidently chose 4 xbox!!
    First to PM me gets them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bild

sternn wrote: »
    I have a reserve code for gta 4 on xbox in liffey valley argos, and a reserve code for 4 gta on xbox and 1 gta on ps3 in blanchardstown west end argos. I accidently chose 4 xbox!!
    First to PM me gets them.

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

Anyone else got reserve codes in Dublin Area for 360??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Just got one in smiths blanch. They got 50 in at 12 today for both platforms. the guy said every smiths got the same delivery.

Advertisement