Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian phrase a day

Options
  • 29-04-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭

Ciao!
    Anybody got a link for a website which will send me an Italian phrase a day - a sort of word a day thing. I am complete beginner, going to Sardina and just want some lingo.
    Grazie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

If you're on facebook there's an italian word a day application, where every day there's a new word.
    Otherwise I'd suggest something like wordreference.com which is a bit like a dictionary online, but there are forums where people discuss different words and how they're used idiomatically, though not with all words.

I haven't been to Sardinia, however I do know some Sardinians, and well, "Sardinian" is a bit different..but you'd need to ask a proper italiano/a for their opinion.

Have you considered taking Italian classes or picking up a phrase book..? Though if you're just going for a holiday don't worry too much all you'll need is the basics and there's loads of that type stuff online on bbc.co.uk etc, but if you're moving there then I'd consider doing a course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

If you're on facebook there's an italian word a day application, where every day there's a new word.
    Otherwise I'd suggest something like wordreference.com which is a bit like a dictionary online, but there are forums where people discuss different words and how they're used idiomatically, though not with all words.

I haven't been to Sardinia, however I do know some Sardinians, and well, "Sardinian" is a bit different..but you'd need to ask a proper italiano/a for their opinion.

Have you considered taking Italian classes or picking up a phrase book..? Though if you're just going for a holiday don't worry too much all you'll need is the basics and there's loads of that type stuff online on bbc.co.uk etc, but if you're moving there then I'd consider doing a course.
    Grazie.
    Cheers, no I am going there on holidays for a week. I have decided everywhere now I go on holidays, I am going to make an effort to learn the language. I have 30 days to go to this one, so it's just half an hour a day on the basics.

My motivation to this is mainly for a buzz and have some craic with the locals.
    Ciao.

Advertisement