Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT- Eircom connection Problem

Options
  • 29-04-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Quick bit of back story. Moved into new house, need the phone line connected for Broadband, Use to be a BT customer when i live in rented accommodation. Anyway;rang BT asked could i get reconnect , previous customer so no charges, But I have to wait for Eircom to connect the line..........5 bloody weeks , Is there anyone working in Eircom connections that can sort this .....I don't care that I went with BT , Eircom are still getting paid. I JUST WANT THE BLOODY LINE CONNECTED. And just to point out how bad this country is , My sister moved from Yonkers to Connecticut , she made one call and had broadband , cable and phone that evening.And she was moving in to a new house and need the lines connected also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Ring Eircom yourself and get them to reconnect the line. Then go to BT and order BB. It will probably be a bit quicker or maybe not. Worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is this a brand new line that needs to be installed, or is it an existing line that just needs to be reconnected? You're better off getting eircom to do the connection directly, then contact BT afterwards, once you have your line done.

I got a new line installed recently, and although they said it would be up to 4 weeks, the engineer rang me within 5 days to arrange a time to call. True to his word, he actually turned up on the day, and on time, and had it all done in 10 minutes. I switched to Smart and was up and running within about 2 weeks of actually ordering the line from eircom.

Advertisement