Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Jet for less then a million euros?

Options
  • 29-04-2008 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

www.diamondair.com/djet/

On their 3rd prototype now being certified :)

Must win lotto...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

all that for under 1 mill...........

any tinker could now afford one...........how common!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

There will be a huge uptake of VLJs if helicopter ownership in this state is anything to go by.

Aren't there concerns about the lack of ACAS on this light jets because they come under the 5700kg threshold mandated by ICAO? I can see ANSPs imposing severe restrictions on non-ACAS equipped jets if their numbers increase as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

If I had the cash lying around I'd go for Cirrus - "The Jet" myself, supposed to cost less than $1M. Simplified controls for single pilot use, emergency airframe parachute and spacious cabin. But oil prices may yet hold back the VLJ/Personal Jet market.

http://www.the-jet.com/infobase.html

For now I'll have to make do with the flight sim version.
    http://c74.net/xplane/_a_cirrus_JET.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

There will be a huge uptake of VLJs if helicopter ownership in this state is anything to go by.

Aren't there concerns about the lack of ACAS on this light jets because they come under the 5700kg threshold mandated by ICAO? I can see ANSPs imposing severe restrictions on non-ACAS equipped jets if their numbers increase as expected.

Yes Ive read about that, strange that the requirements arent centered more around an aircrafts performance, considering this jet be able to match the performance and altitude of a lot of commercial jets and bizjets it should be mandatory, weight seems a weird thing to class it on.

Advertisement