Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaboul just put himself up for sale...

Options
  • 29-04-2008 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Younes Kaboul has hit out at Juande Ramos’ management style at Tottenham and has admitted he is pining for the French league.

The promising France Under-21 international was signed by Martin Jol in the summer 2007 and enjoyed a steady baptism under the Dutchman, but has struggled since Ramos was ushered in at White Hart Lane.

The centre back feels he has improved at Spurs, but admits he was sad to see Jol replaced by Ramos.

The Frenchman has outlined the differences between the two managers and claims Spurs would have won the Carling Cup under Jol.

“Martin Jol was a person,” Kaboul told So Foot. “For us he was a father whereas Ramos is about tactics, final point, there is nothing.

“At training we do a lot of XI against zero and blackboard work to work on the ball.

“Ramos brought that to us, but nothing else.

“The Carling Cup win saved our season. They say we won it because Ramos arrived at the club, but it is nothing to do with him. We would have won it with Martin Jol.

“I played all the first part of the championship and since the manager changed I do not play anymore.

“I have not been told why. He does not speak. With anybody.

“Communication does not exist with him.

“It is his choice why he does not play me. I respect it, I am a professional.

“I am young, it is the first time it has happened to me in my career but I am not surprised because when you are a footballer, you have to be prepared for that, for good and bad moments.

“Ramos did not really give me my chance.

“When the player does not feel his coach’s confidence, he cannot do many things on the pitch.

“Tactically it changed a little, maybe.

“Regarding the personality, there is no comparison.

“We have had a difficult season. We score many goals but for sure we concede too much.

“More than half of the goals were from free kicks.

“So the spectators are entertained but for us it is a pain because those mistakes cost us many points.

“I learnt a lot this season. All that has happened has helped me strengthen my game but most of all my personality.

“When I arrived I proved to the coach and the club I was capable of reaching the next level.

“Then with the change of coach, I was there and ready when needed. I was defensively okay and scored goals.

“Finally I never gave up so I do not regret anything.”

Kaboul arrived at the Spurs from Auxerre and he has admitted he misses life in France.

He said: “I watch all the French games from the Saturday 5pm (4pm UK time) to the Sunday night game at 8.55pm (7.55pm UK time).

“I confess I am missing the French league a bit.

“When you watch it like that, you want to come back.

“But then you enter a stadium here (in England) and do not want to leave.

“For the future, we will see next summer.”

Silly boy. Mistakes aside, he looks like a player who will improve with coaching, just likely to happen at a different club now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Providing this interview is exact, what a fcukin idiot we have on our hands. You would have thought he'd want to put the head down and get a good pre-season under his belt in the summer and try to impress the new management, instead he spouts off this rubbish. He goes on about not being given a chance...... did he not start a few games when Ramos took over, and had an absolute mare each time, West Ham away springs to mind.

Most on this board, including me to be fare fancied him when he signed last summer, but he has dissapointed, albeit he is a young lad with potential so he was probbaly worth holding on to....although he wont last long after that interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

He's scored a few goals, but other than that theres nothing I've seen from him that would make me too upset if or when he leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Impatient fool. Typical of the modern day PL footballer.
    If he wants out, that's fine with me. Will probabally end up at Pompey.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

I was defensively okay and scored goals.

What a tool, if he spent more time defending than trying to be the hero we would be better off. I got nervous every time he got the ball.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

tomo75 wrote: »
    I was defensively okay and scored goals.

What a tool, if he spent more time defending than trying to be the hero we would be better off. I got nervous every time he got the ball.....

a touch of the Vegas about him, "equally dangeruous in both areas" no loss tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Might get our money back from Harry - if they win the Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I heard on another spurs site that this was grossly misquoted (bad interpreter etc) and taken out of context - Now theres a shock!:eek:

So give the lad a break for now, I think he still deserves to be in our squad (for now):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

John W wrote: »
    I heard on another spurs site that this was grossly misquoted (bad interpreter etc) and taken out of context - Now theres a shock!:eek:

So give the lad a break for now, I think he still deserves to be in our squad (for now):p

IMO he's a disaster , cant defend and tbh i think he see's himself as an attacker and he'd rather do that than do the job he's supposed to do i.e. keep clean sheets!

BERBA wrote: »
    IMO he's a disaster , cant defend and tbh i think he see's himself as an attacker and he'd rather do that than do the job he's supposed to do i.e. keep clean sheets!

I agree, his likes to attack way to much, and needs to be coached on this and his positioning. However this thread was really talking about his conduct and speaking out against the coach, which maybe he never did!

So all I am saying, let's give the kid a break........on this matter;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

I heard on another spurs site that this was grossly misquoted (bad interpreter etc) and taken out of context - Now theres a
    shock!:eek

Well he would say that wouldn't he? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

20 quid a packet of crisps and a half eaten mars bar.

deal?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

swap for fahey !

deal ???

yiddo wrote: »
    Well he would say that wouldn't he? ;)

Kaboul never said it, the sportswriter who did the interview said it - and they supplied the full transcript (which i read) of the interview. Looked way different to originally reported - Typical Press Scum!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

and they supplied the full transcript (which i read) of the interview.

Any chance we can as well?

Advertisement