Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMart Telecom - Available where?

Options
  • 29-04-2008 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hello, could everyone who lives in Dublin 15 tell me where Smart Telecom is available?

Actually it really depends on the Exchange, if you are on the Blanchardstown Exchange you can get it, Clonee exchange you wont have a chance.

Before I am looking for rooms now I would get a rough idea where this service is available.

Thanks
    Luna

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Not available in Ongar or Littleplace or surrounding areas in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Why not get a telephone number of a local business and input it into the Line Checker.

I believe the only exchange they have enabled in D15 is indeed the main Blanchardstown one.

Not available in Tyrrelstown either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Lunatik72

Yar but how to find out who is on the Blanchardstown exchange? I know that where I live in Clonee my neighbour for example could get it, so even in different areas you can be lucky or not. It is really weird :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Do as suggested above. Pick business in each area of D15 and put the number in Smart BB checker page.

Edit: Its extremely unlikely your friend in Clonee has SMART as they will be on the Clonee exchange which is not supported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Lunatik72

I actually called them and gave them my address and they told me that some people on the same street are on a different exchange, I found it weird as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭macronot

Available in Mulhuddart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Lunatik72 wrote: »
    I actually called them and gave them my address and they told me that some people on the same street are on a different exchange, I found it weird as well :)

Not that strange really. If the street lies in the boundary of two exchanges reach, then some will be on one and the rest on the other. There has to be a line somewhere for where connections to one exchange stop. Given the state of the lines in this country, in general, it's not surprising that that line is in the middle of a street.

Use Goldenpages.ie to look up numbers for pubs, shops, chippers in Blanchardstown area, and check their numbers on the Smart website then. Compare the business address with the houses you're interested in moving into to get an idea of availability.

Advertisement