Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MR2 V6 Project -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Also there is a running driving v8 mr2, its in a mkI as it is slightly wider than the mkII, here is a link to the build -> http://forums.twobrutal.com/showthread.php?t=11035&page=19 I think on about page 14 there is a startup video, sounds great, some Norwegian lad did it in a couple months in his spare time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

There hasn't been a 5 pot Audi for about 15 years unfortunately:(.

Maybe in these more fuel conscious times we might see the long overdue return of a 5 pot Audi?

Next year's TTRS should have a 5 pot turbo petrol though, so perhaps the return of a 5 pot Audi isn't so far away after all.

Ah i just looked it up there now, it was just the business beside us had fixed up a TT Turbo and were trying to sell it, we were out looking at it a few times and i noticed it said 5V on the engine cover, it 5 valves per pot, 4 pots, 20 valve. I get it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

How does the weight compare between the I4 and the V6? Personally, with a MR car that light id be more concerned about messing the chassis balance up, it may be for better or for worse, but I'd be doing the math before dropping a V6 in where an i4 used to be.

Most recent 5 pot I can think of is Volvo's offerings. Nice aggressive tone to em....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T5_engine

How does the weight compare between the I4 and the V6? Personally, with a MR car that light id be more concerned about messing the chassis balance up, it may be for better or for worse, but I'd be doing the math before dropping a V6 in where an i4 used to be.

Most recent 5 pot I can think of is Volvo's offerings. Nice aggressive tone to em....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T5_engine

The v6 is only slightly heavier, no difference at all really, it hink about 30kg roughly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Considering how many V6's that have been done in america and the uk it's a tried and tested swap, from what I've read the engines pretty similar in terms of weight.

I'd love to do a swap myself and will be watching this thread, but I'd never do it to my current mr2.

Considering how many V6's that have been done in america and the uk it's a tried and tested swap, from what I've read the engines pretty similar in terms of weight.

I'd love to do a swap myself and will be watching this thread, but I'd never do it to my current mr2.

Ye i know what you mean mate, the only reason i'm trying it is because my car's 3sge was on its way out, and after the money i spent fixing up the handling and various parts i thought selling it for 1000 would be a waste + i wanted to learn a bit and i thought this would be a fun way about it:cool::D

Dropping
    P1000109.jpg
    Dropping
    P1000113.jpg
    Dropped
    P1000110.jpg

Oh Ray forgot about this!
    P1000114.jpg
    P1000115.jpg
    So we pulled the 3VZ off the trailer :jump:
    P1000117.jpg
    P1000120.jpg
    Beside the 3SGE
    P1000126.jpg
    P1000137.jpg

And Ray was kind enough to bring one of my new alloys down
    P1000133.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Fair play to yah man, i own an mr2 tubby myself, a meet would be cool.

Mr2 is a great car for fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

lucky f***

should turn out great.... feel sorry for them engine mounts when that engine gets in !

• Advertisement

lol cheers mate, i guess its a good thing i'm buying new front and back engine mounts, but here isn't as much in the weight as you'd think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Watch that front splitter;)!

E92 wrote: »
    Watch that front splitter;)!

lol hopefully there will be a carbon fibre replacement coming to replace it soon!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

MOG7 wrote: »
    lol hopefully there will be a carbon fibre replacement coming to replace it soon!:D

Oh.... everyday i love you less and less :eek:

S.I.R wrote: »
    Oh.... everyday i love you less and less :eek:

lol so does my wallet...

A quick pic of the painting i did :D

Image039.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Hi again,

I'm buying a red rev2 (I think) in the next week or two for parts. Engines totally gone but everything else is supposed to be in exceptional nick, I'm taking a few pieces off for myself and the rest will need a good home, are you interested?

Cheers mate but i don't really think there is anything i need.

I ordered some more parts from the US of A, Head gasket set, head bolts and a new water pump all for and get this....... Including delivery charge of $73..... The total was €123:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

cool looking project did u get any further advanced wit it r u going to run an after market engine management system r will u be able to cut and slice the two looms in together
    some the lads build similar cars down here before they fitted rb engines into silvias im considering puting something like wat drift works have in there s15 into my 13 except not going as severe as them by cutting the bulk head and moving the engne bak
    if u need any custom parts made let me know;)

Cheers mate, things have slowed up a small bit lately as i'm waiting on the engine mount to arrive, i could have someone else make it but there is no jig so i don't even know what it looks like.

• Advertisement

interested in doing an SS HG install on my MR2 tubby ??? :p
    will pay good ;)

gline wrote: »
    interested in doing an SS HG install on my MR2 tubby ??? :p
    will pay good ;)

Its not a red spoilerless one is it? I was up there yesterday an seen one, looked lovely. I think if another car ends up at the side of my house i will be kicked out lol.

I'll do a v6 swap for ya when mine is finished, but really they are a very simple car to work on, check out www.mr2oc.co.uk and look at the "know your 2" section, all the info for any work you need to do yourself.

Its not a red spoilerless one is it? I was up there yesterday an seen one, looked lovely. I think if another car ends up at the side of my house i will be kicked out lol.

I'll do a v6 swap for ya when mine is finished, but really they are a very simple car to work on, check out www.mr2oc.co.uk and look at the "know your 2" section, all the info for any work you need to do yourself.

nah its a red one with a spoiler.

ive checked all the guides mate, but i am useless when it comes to mechanical stuff :(

yeh id love a V6 swap if you'd be interested in doing it :P that would be sweet.

Looks sweet, i wouldn't normally like the Toms scoop but it looks quite goo there, do you know r_wilson from IMOC, he's in Dublin to.

dont actually know anyone on the site :(

gline wrote: »
    dont actually know anyone on the site :(

Join up and introduce yourself on mr2oc.co.uk, i'm a rep on there and we organise a few meets and stuff, there was arounf 10 or 11 mr2's at our last meet.:cool:

Join up and introduce yourself on mr2oc.co.uk, i'm a rep on there and we organise a few meets and stuff, there was arounf 10 or 11 mr2's at our last meet.:cool:

im already on the site, my username is the same - gline

Ah cool i never seen ya on there just - Now get along to one of our meets lol:p

• Advertisement

llol, car needs work first :(

Advertisement