Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing for the Family

Options
  • 29-04-2008 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I'm looking for places to fish where I can take my children.

Doesn't matter much what type of fish or size. I'd like to find a place where they're pretty much guaranteed to catch something with a hook and a maggot.

Just so they have some fun and get introduced to fishing.
    And I can teach them how to fish properly and not ruin the fish population.

Oldest is 6 yr old.

Also hoping there may be a park nearby for when they lose interest and a place for them to take a break (toilet).

Do kids need a license in Ireland?

We're in Newbridge so a place within an hour or 2 drive would be great.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

lots of places in wicklow,including annamoe where there's a kiddies pool stocked with trout. you don't even need bait to hook them!
    also aughrim and another place near the meeting of the waters, can't remeber the name. a quick google for fisheries and wicklow will bring them up probably on the Eastern Fisheries Board website.

happy fishing in a barrel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 kuedm

Thank you for the information.

I found this link for annamoe.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Highly reccomend this one but the only thing about fishing is your never guaranteed to catch.

Another option would be to charter a boat form one of the harbours around the country and go mackral fishing, dosnt cost much, about the same as a dat ticket for a good fishery and kids will love it, its about the least complicated method of fishing and i wont guarintee you will catch but there is a VERY good chance you will and if you are catching they usualy come thick and fast and no paitence needed as it dosnt take long to fill a bucket for the table. MMMMMMM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

trout fishing lake in stradbally and its good. 10 euro a head for 3 hours. should get a nibble there. nice and safe too for the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

or rathbeggan lakes near blanchardstown, trout and coarse. wee clubhouse cafe etc.
    http://www.irishfisheries.com/waterways.asp?W=126&P=1

• Advertisement
Advertisement