Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardwareversand.de - discontinued line

Options
  • 29-04-2008 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

I was planning on placing my order this coming Thursday on parts for my new rig when I saw that this item, http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=9048&agid=659 , has "discontinued line". Does this mean that it is the last of the stock and they are not supplying it anymore after it sells out?

If this is the case I am worried about the longevity of the board/future proofing of the board. I know you can't 'future proof' any part in computers these days, especially gaming rigs but I don't want to buy a board that is outdated.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There's new socket type coming out soon so there's only so much future proofing you can do - I wouldn't worry overly about the board provided it's a decent one supporting the most recent processors. I bought a Gigabyte ds4l 650i as my new board lately, technically 'outdated' but still a superb board for Sli.

Not sure about Hardwareversand to be honest. Someone else will have to answer that question regarding stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

650i is still an amazing board. it says discontinued as they are not selling them anymore. they have a few left, but thats it.
    warranty will still be available and rma etc. but once they sell the stock thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

I've seen that message on a few things that there still selling months later , Samsungs lcd 206bw for example

Anyway what do you mean future proofing?
    You want more bios updates or something?

Advertisement