Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer rumours

Options
  • 29-04-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

May as well keep this all tidy and in one place.

For those of you who post on the general soccer forum, there is a general rumours thread there for Spurs, be good to keep it going.
    Setantasports.com can reveal that Lille star Jean II Makoun is discussing a move to a London club.

The Cameroonian is speaking to ‘an ambitious’ club from the capital, although Manchester City are in the frame for the talented midfielder.

Agent Jean-Christophe Thouvenel has revealed that Makoun has a gentleman’s agreement with LOSC to be transferred in the summer and the representative is planning a big-money move for one of Ligue 1’s outstanding players.

“The discussions are very advanced with a London club,” Thouvenel told setantasports.com.

“It is not West Ham, no. Tottenham? Well, I cannot reveal it to you right now.

“To give you a clue, without naming the club, their manager is not English, they are a very good club that have a very ambitious project, they want to attack well and defend well.

“Last year Mathieu Bodmer and Kader Keita left Lille, and the club asked Makoun to stay one more year to help them with their transition to a new era.

“A new cycle will start there and I expect a very important transfer for the player.

“I am also in contact with Manchester City’s general manager.”

I know nothing about this fella, anyone else?

Also mentioned of late:

Espanyol's Carlos Kameni, and Schalke's Manuel Neuer [both keepers]

Getafe's Daniel "Cata" Diaz and Santanders Ezequiel Garay [both Argentinian defenders who can play at CB]

And of course the rather sensational Eto'o, Villa and Ronaldinho rumours...:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Some papers are suggesting we are looking for a (Berbs for Eto'o) swap deal with Barca.

Again, the story is probably not worth the paper it's written on but it's an interesting thought all the same.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23481056-details/Ramos+wants+Eto'o+in+Berbatov+swap+deal/article.do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Robbed from anothe MB (poster based in Madrid)

Joaquin being hawked around as well....we have been offered his services.

Basically any Valencia Spanish based player who is not wanted/wants to leave is being offered to us......there will be lots of rumours his year!!!

Villa....discussions are advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Robbed from anothe MB (poster based in Madrid)

Villa....discussions are advanced.

What about Ardiles ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Not exactly a transfer rumour, but on looking at the team/squad for next season, I have a feeling Gilberto will be a useful asset to have in the squad. After getting a few games under his belt with the reserves, he look decent enough last weekend and he can only get sharper. He's an experienced player and we dont have many lefties so himself and Bale could work well next season.

What do yis think ?

Tottenham are in talks with Barcelona to sign their Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o, sports daily Marca reporting. (AFP, 1236 BST)

• Advertisement

Plenty of talk of the young lad bostock from palace signing, have'nt seen much of him but he's meant to be quite good.

Whats the feeling on the Dunne rumour, I think he'd be quite a decent signing,he's been immense for city over the last 3/4 years !!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

I personally would love to have dunne come to the lane. Alongside woody we would have a very very strong central defensive partnership. Dunne does the simple things right such as clearing the ball when needed! And to get him on a free transfer?? Would be happy days!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I personally would love to have dunne come to the lane. Alongside woody we would have a very very strong central defensive partnership. Dunne does the simple things right such as clearing the ball when needed! And to get him on a free transfer?? Would be happy days!!!!

Agreed, the lad is great value, and just a defender, doesn't need to get forward and try and make things happen (like Kaboul). I like my defenders to defend and nothing else - Like the best, King, terry, Woody, Sol Judas)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

BEN on FTL who is one of the more reliable ITKs around says:
    gardner ,rocha should be first [out] followed by chimbonda next week

Be good to free up a few quid in salaries.

Please accept these are only message board rumours:
    The media over here in Italy are reporting that a London club have offered Brescia € 8.5m for Viviano (u21 keeper), but that the offer has been rejected (they are dealing with Fiorentina, which may mean that Frey is available...).

The clues, say the media, lead to Spurs' doorstep.

Don't know the kid, but hear he's highly thought of.

Also:
    Brazilian club Cruzeiro expect Tottenham to make a bid upwards of £6million for Bolivia striker Marcelo Moreno.

20 year old, doesn't have many caps I hear so a work permit could be a problem.

• Advertisement

Just reading Guillem's article on sky, he said spurs have earmarked 2 keepers, Kameni and another, but the other is a lot more expensive than kameni so Kameni he will prob get the nod. He does'nt name the other !!!

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Just reading Guillem's article on sky, he said spurs have earmarked 2 keepers, Kameni and another, but the other is a lot more expensive than kameni so Kameni he will prob get the nod. He does'nt name the other !!!

Schalke's Manuel Neuer I believe.

Don't forget, Ballague said Ramos wouldn't some to us a week before he did...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Apparently we have shown an interest alongside Chelsea for Deco.If this is the case i'm sure Chels will get him as he has declared he either wants to play in the premiership or Italy and will not stay in Spain as the only other club at Barcas level are Real who he will not play for so obviously he wants champions league football. Would be nice to have him though.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/mhgbcwmhkfmh/
    Tottenham are close to signing Honduran international Julio Cesar de Leon according to the player's agent Manrique Amador.

Amador claims he has spoken with Spurs' sporting director Damian Comolli, and that the transfer of the 28-year-old Genoa attacking midfielder will go through as soon as the London club agrees to the player's personal terms.

"Tottenham's sport manager Damian Comolli, who is Italian and worked in Messina, asked me for information about him," he told Colombian newspaper El Heraldo.

"They really like the player and it only remains that they accept the conditions I let them know."

De Leon, who is known by the nickname Rambo, began his career in his local side Platense in 1996.

After a short spell with Mexican side Celaya and Maldonado and Olimpia in Honduras he moved to Italy, where he has played for Reggina, Fiorentina, Catanzaro, Sambenedettese, Teramo and Avellino.

Since 1999 he has won 61 caps with the Honduras national squad, scoring 10 goals.

Don't know if this really has legs, the fella thinks DC is Italian?

Transfer GOSSIP for yas. Allegedly John Bostock looks like he will move to Spurs this week in a deal worth 5mill and Spurs are 1 of 3 clubs believed to be keen on Duffers. The other 2 being Portsmouth and Blackburn. Compliments of the gossip column of 365.

I know Duffers is injury prone and drifts in and out of form like it is nobodys business but ....hell...i'm just gonna say it. I love the guy and would LOVE to see him in a Spurs kit, even if he spends his career on the bench. Surly can't cost us **** all compared to the mega bucks we are throwing around.

This forum is drying up and i'm bored. Please post any rumours you hear no matter how mental just to entertain me please.

OK Bleed, rumour has it Kaka is on his way in exchange for Boateng and Messi has agreed personal terms in exchange for Anthony Gardner.

Good business me thinks.

OMG how has this move been kept out of the papers.:eek: Thats it lads. 5th place next season, maybe 6th. Thanks for the insider information hatch. I'm going down to the bookies and see what odds they'll give me for those transfers. Suckers.

Spurs are 1 of 3 clubs believed to be keen on Duffers. The other 2 being Portsmouth and Blackburn. Compliments of the gossip column of 365.

Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Spurs are 1 of 3 clubs believed to be keen on Duffers. The other 2 being Portsmouth and Blackburn.

Jaysus, I hope not.

Have'nt heard it mentioned since we were linked with him a few months back, but Id love to see us make a move for Diarra at Pompey, excellent prospect. His value could well double if he has a good summer.

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Have'nt heard it mentioned since we were linked with him a few months back, but Id love to see us make a move for Diarra at Pompey, excellent prospect. His value could well double if he has a good summer.

I would be shocked to see many transfers of players ahead of the euros in general for that very reason. Though saying that we pinched Modric so you never know. Anyone know what defensive midfielders we have been linked with. Also noted on the SS website we are "linked" with Barca starlet Dos Santos. Would be quite the coup though it would never happen. Another one is Leon striker Loic Remy. 12 appearences for Lyon in 2 years and has never scored but has impressed in his loan spell at relegated Lens were he scored 3 goals in 6 appearences. Has caps for France U21 and has B caps for his country, but sure Kaboul was captain of the U21 and he is cack.

ALSO Kaboul may be a target for Pompey. I'll try to hold back the tears shall I.

While that Duff comment might have appalled some of you at least it got you all talking. I love him even more now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Not a chance.

Love to see the duffer in a super spurs kit. Unlucky last season and a half with injury .quality player , and he'd cost us fcuk all.

BERBA wrote: »
    Love to see the duffer in a super spurs kit. Unlucky last season and a half with injury .quality player , and he'd cost us fcuk all.

Lost his pace, not the standard we should be aiming for if we hope to improve.

I'd go so far as to say Steed is a better option than Duff on the left.

Only problem with steed Ronan is that he does'nt have a left foot, and its verry frustrating to see a Prem Club without a left sided midfielder, we badly need someone who can play out wide left and can actually cross the ball with his left foot. Granted Gilberto and Bale will change that next season hopefully !!

Compliments of 365:

Rumoured Targets: Anton Ferdinand (West Ham), Diego Milito (Real Zaragoza), Luis Fabiano (Sevilla), Marcelo Moreno (Cruzeiro), John Bostock (Crystal Palace), Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Lassana Diarra (Portsmouth), Michael Owen (Newcastle), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Richard Dunne (Manchester City).

Michael Owen ? - Someone has been indulging the oul craic pipe.

Would like to see the Citeh boys coming though.

I'll take a guess and say we will defo sign Bostock & Kameni quite soon. Dunne has been away in vegas with keane berba and a few more on keanes stags so hopefully they have persuaded him to sign for us.

From the rest you named, diarra and fabiano would be very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Spurs keen on Coupet move - Report

Tottenham could be set to offer Lyon goalkeeper Gregory Coupet a route to the Premier League, according to reports in France.

According to sky sports that Coupet claim has turned out to be nothing even though it was everywhere. Compliments of todays Guardian :

Ramos is after unsettled Espanyol winger Albert Riera and is willing to pay £8m for him.

Anyone know anything about this charachter. I really hope we do not turn into Arsenal or Liverpool with the prodominantly French and Spanish squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Didnt think much of Riera when he was at City on loan a couple of seasons back.Maybe he has got better but i dont think he would enhance our squad there are better wingers out there to be got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Lyon confirm goalkeeper deal
    Last Updated: Fri, 23 May 2008 08:59

Tottenham manager Juande Ramos hopes to wrap up the signing of France goalkeeper Gregory Coupet next week.

White Hart Lane boss Ramos, wary of the fact that he has already lost Radek Cerny to QPR, is keen to bring in competition for England goalkeeper Paul Robinson.

Coupet, 35, has a £2.5million get-out clause in his contract which is worth around £35,000 a week and an announcement could be made after the French cup final against Paris St Germain on Saturday.

A Lyon source told the Sun: "It's true Spurs are interested.

"There'll be an announcement this week."

Advertisement