Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

SWP and Anelka now "in spurs sights". Haha. Would not fancy that idiot Anelka in our squad. The only reason everyone thought he had changed when he was at Bolton was because nobody cares about Bolton so nobody cared what he thought. A few months back in the limelight and he is back to his foolish tricks.

Maybe SWP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

SWP and Anelka now "in spurs sights". Haha. Would not fancy that idiot Anelka in our squad. The only reason everyone thought he had changed when he was at Bolton was because nobody cares about Bolton so nobody cared what he thought. A few months back in the limelight and he is back to his foolish tricks.

Maybe SWP though.

No. Neither of them. All we would be doing is buying more trouble and more inconsistancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Anyone know anything about this charachter. I really hope we do not turn into Arsenal or Liverpool with the prodominantly French and Spanish squads.

I don't care what their nationality is, as long as they are the right players for the club.

I don't want Anelka anywhere near our club.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Whats the story with this lad Dos Santos from Barca ? Do we really have a chance of signing him or will he end up wherever Frank Rijkaard ends up. Im sure he'd prob take a while to settle in English football (he's very slight etc..), but from what Iv seen he's a serious talent.

We were linked as we are with the majorty of people who play football professionally. Latest he is "linked" with Man City for a loan deal but the player has already come out previous and said he would not go out on loan, either he stays at Barca or leaves on a full time basis. FACT!

• Advertisement

We were linked as we are with the majorty of people who play football professionally. Latest he is "linked" with Man City for a loan deal but the player has already come out previous and said he would not go out on loan, either he stays at Barca or leaves on a full time basis. FACT!

I may stand immediatly corrected. Just read in 365 Gossip Column that we are in prime position to sign him so it MUST be true. It would make sense though, with our Liverpool-esque Spanish connection. Would love to see him as an alternate who might develop into one of the PL best strikers or he could be cack. Don't think there is a middle ground for him.

Speaking of strikers things sure have been quiet about Berba but don't imagine we will be hearing much until after the Euro's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Richard Dunne supposed to be having a medical at Spurs this Friday.
    Not sure on the quality of the source.
    Would be a good signing if it happens.

Agreed Shane, unfortunately the numbnuts on FTL "know" better...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

hope this goes through.dunne will be an asset to the squad king,dunne,woodgate any combination would be formidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

I really really hope that we wrap up Dunne. As previously mentioned he does the simple things right and alongside Woodgate we would have one of the best central defences in the league. For me the jury is still out on Hutton but I think he will go from strength to strength next season. Whether or not Bale plays at left back remains to be seen but the signing of Dunne would certainly brighten a few faces around this forum I would imagine! And if we can sign a good stopper sooner rather than later, all the better!

• Advertisement

SSN running a story this evening that we're very close to signing Barca's Dos Santos for £11m.

Also BEN who posts on FTL among other sites says he's heard we have not received an offer for Berbatov that matches our valuation of him and he has been told the club will offer Berbs a major increase in salary if he will make a commitment to Spurs.

BEN is a very good source of info, I know him personally and he's a top man, so I have no reason to doubt his info as things stand.

Interesting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Is Dos Santos an out and out striker?,I havent watched much la liga this season,have heard he is quality though.

Midfield I believe, or possibly supporting a frontman.

I see Moreno has signed for Shaktar Donesk after initially turning down the prospect of playing in the ukranian league.

Levy didn't want to pay the asking price in one lump sum (standard practise at Spurs is to pay over the term of the contract) so the Brazilians did business with Shaktar.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

According to reports we are set to unveil Dos Santos very soon. Footy 365 has confirmed that it looks like a done deal while the Mirror are saying that it is a done deal. Either way it is looking good.

Levy didn't want to pay the asking price in one lump sum (standard practise at Spurs is to pay over the term of the contract) so the Brazilians did business with Shaktar.

Pretty happy this didn't happen as correct me if I am wrong but this player had a contract to an independent similar to the situation with Tevez and Mascherano which I am delighted we don't have to deal with.

I am pretty excited should we sign Dos Santos. A coupe like that shows we mean business as oppose to the 22m we stumped for Bent last year which shows we were smoking crack.

Supposed to be nearly a done deal for Diego Capel, Sevilla. (Daily Mail)

Strong reports alrite. Id take him ahead of Dos Santos. Capel is very direct and has the look af a real left winger about him, we might finally have a leftie to play on the left !!!

Graham Hunter was just on Newstalk saying the Dos Santos deal is done, for a fee of €15m. Spurs reps in Barca tonight to finalise the deal.

• Advertisement

FTL's man in Madrid has posted an update re. our dealings with Barca.

He says Eto'o has two likely destinations, Inter and Spurs. Now it's obvious to even the most blinkered Spurs fan who the best option would be for Eto'o (hint: he probably won't be eating in Chick King :D) but that Barca would prefer to do business with us in a straight swap deal for Berbatov.

It is believed that Barca's other target plays up front for another North London club, but they see that deal as difficult to complete, and they are wary of losing out on all of their targets as they have significant rebuilding to do under Guardiola.

This guy is a good source of Spanish info (he has journalist contacts at a number of the main dailies in Spain) but make of that what you will.

His assessment of Capel and Dos Santos by the way:

Both would be "risks" in that they will need a bit of TLC...Capel will settle easier he reckons cos Ramos knows him from Sevilla, and with a full pre-season should do well. Dos Santos will need a lot of work he says, if he hits the ground running all will be well, but a bumpy start might mean he won't dig in.

Dos Santos nearly a done deal apparantley,what do people think of the Bentley stories?Im not 100% convinced by him.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    what do people think of the Bentley stories?Im not 100% convinced by him.
    This is where you post the rumours, it's the first I have heard of it and it hasn't been mentioned in earlier posts.
    He seems a decent player, personally I'd rather have him than Lennon, I think he gets more goals and has a better end product to his game.

From football 365 today:

Diarra to Spurs for £10 mill - If there is any truth to this I would be delighted. It was given its own gossip paragraph so fingers crossed. Would be a great addition to our ever growing midfield. Dos Santos is an attacking midfielder if i'm not wrong....?????

ALSO

Real Zaragozas Sergio Garcia may be a target - I won't pretend to know much about this guy myself but this also features on Sky Sports. He is apparently a cracking attacking midfielder available due to their surprise relagation last season. Hey...the more the merrier.

From football 365 today:

Diarra to Spurs for £10 mill.

Is that the Pompey Diarra?

They bought him for £2m, i think, nice profit.

He's a lovely player and would do well for us.

Woodgate wrote: »
    Is that the Pompey Diarra?

They bought him for £2m, i think, nice profit.

He's a lovely player and would do well for us.

Yep that is the Pompey Diarra...prob should have specified. He would be immense for us BUT a former Gooner BUT basically told the Gooners to go **** themselves. SO will we accept him?

He would be a good signing, but i dont like his attitude that much.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    He would be a good signing, but i dont like his attitude that much.

You see attitude I see professionalism. He left Arsenal because he wanted to play football (positive attitude as oppose to the likes Wayne Bridge happy for the money).

He joined Pompey for the regular football and said straight away it was just a stepping stone. (positive attitude compared to the majority of PL players that are thinking that but never say it and say they love the club all the way up to the day he signs for their arch rivals. Take a bow Mr. Campbell) and despite that has turned out outstanding, selfless performances.

After all of this the only thing you can attribute to a bad attitude is his arrogence. But knowing a load of French people I can tell you that what we see as arrogence and bad manners they see as little more than just telling the truth. He is physically strong and mentally strong not to mention outrageously gifted and would make a great addition to our ambitious and evergrowing midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Diarra was immense last season. Would be very happy to sign him.

Advertisement