Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer rumours

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Talk of Anton Ferdinand this evening...

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Talk of Anton Ferdinand this evening...

*shudder*
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Please no id rather keep gardner

Talk of Taarabt and Kaboul going to West Brom on season long loans. Don't think Taarabt will amount to much, but still have faint hopes for Kaboul.

Think this is a good idea for both players regular first team football can only bring both players along,as you say kaboul still could make it but taarabt needs to get his head up when on the ball and try and find a team mate.Having said that i hope i am proved wrong and the lad improves and comes back a better player.

• Advertisement

Strong rumours that PSV's keeper Gomes is a done deal, has been reported in the Dutch press and positive noises coming from an ITK elsewhere.

Also rumours of Boateng to Dortmund.

Gomes confirmed by Spurs site, subject personal terms/medical/work permit

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/gomesdealagreed260608.html

Very good from what I saw of him against us last season. See ya Robbo, was good at the start but you ultimately weren't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Really really excited about this deal. Was very impressed with him against us last year. Will be sad to see Robbo go but its for the best interest of the club. Dare I say it, we seem to be finally moving in the right direction???

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

The Club is delighted to announce that Tom Huddlestone has signed a new five-year contract, committing his future to the Club until 2013.

The midfielder, called up to the full England squad for the end-of-season internationals against the USA and Trinidad and Tobago, made 43 appearances in all competitions last season, scoring four goals.

Tom also played a big part in our League Cup success at Wembley - coming on as substitute and forcing Wayne Bridge into the handball for the penalty that brought us back into the game.

Now 21, Tom has represented his country from Under-15 level through to Under-21s and is one of the most experienced players in the current U21 squad - earning his 26th cap and scoring against Wales in May, 2008.

Merely increasing his transfer fee when he leaves...:D

• Advertisement

Sevilla have rejected an offer from Tottenham for highly-rated winger Diego Capel, according to the Spanish club.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Merely increasing his transfer fee when he leaves...:D

Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ezpz

I here arsenal have already made inquires about berbs and if adeboyer leaves they gona make a 35 million offer 4 him money in the bank i say

Hes never gona be happy at spurs hes just killing time till he gets a move to a big club

ezpz wrote: »
    I here arsenal have already made inquires about berbs and if adeboyer leaves they gona make a 35 million offer 4 him money in the bank i say

Hes never gona be happy at spurs hes just killing time till he gets a move to a big club

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7486111.stm
    Italian club AC Milan say Arsenal's valuation of Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor is too high and have ruled themselves out of signing the player.

The 24-year-old had been named as Milan's main target for next season.

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said: "The request for £35.8m by Arsenal is an impossible request."

Arsenal will not spend £35m on one player.

According to reports we have agreed a deal for striker Luis Garcia from Espanyol for around 6m.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Obviously means 1 of the current 3 strikers will be leaving quite soon !!

looks like Ramos might try playing with one striker up front if Keane and Berba both go. We are seriously breaking away from the team of old eg having 7/8 english players on the pitch. Its getting a bit foreign looking, remains to be seen if it will work. Maybe it is what we really need?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

looks like Ramos might try playing with one striker up front if Keane and Berba both go. We are seriously breaking away from the team of old eg having 7/8 english players on the pitch. Its getting a bit foreign looking, remains to be seen if it will work. Maybe it is what we really need?

As much as I liked having a real English core we shouldn't pay over the odds for English players.

According to reports we have agreed a deal for striker Luis Garcia from Espanyol for around 6m.

Scores at a rate of about 1 in 3 which doesn't fill me with confidence.

Have felt we were likely to play one up top with either 2 or 3 behind in support for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Scores at a rate of about 1 in 3 which doesn't fill me with confidence.

On the other hand he scored more goals last season than;:D

Thierry Henry Barcelona12

Edu Real Betis12

Juan Arango Mallorca1219

Giuseppe Rossi Villarreal11

Fernando Llorente Athletic Bilbao11

Robinho Real Madrid1122

Raúl Tamudo Espanyol10

Florent Sinama-Pongolle

Recreativo Huelva 10

Lionel Messi Barcelona10

Bojan Krkic Barcelona10

Iván Alonso Murcia10

Víctor 9

Some big names in this list, some valued at 20/30 mil - and some we were linked with!!:p

• Advertisement

Cant believe Juve got Poulsen for 6-8 million, he would have been perfect for us, im suprised Juande didnt bid for him.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Cant believe Juve got Poulsen for 6-8 million, he would have been perfect for us, im suprised Juande didnt bid for him.

I suspect Sevilla would have asked for twice that if we were interested, seems they are still peeved at us stealing Ramos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I very solid source has texted me to say that THFC will announce the triple signings of Miguel Veloso, Andrei Arshavin and David Bentely within then next 48hrs.

Sexy football is returning to the Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Hope your source is right Shane! I like veloso he's a very decent player. I thought that the arshavin deal would fall through simply because of his wages but I hope it goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

RingoSpur wrote: »
    Hope your source is right Shane! I like veloso he's a very decent player. I thought that the arshavin deal would fall through simply because of his wages but I hope it goes through.

Fingers crossed, it would be a massive swoop.

In talks with Arshavin according to sky sports. Surely we should only pay approx 15 million for him, he's 27 and wont have any sell on value. Zenit want well over 20 apparently. Where are we gonna fit in all these attacking midfielders, could be another Famous Five situation from Ozzie's days.

Advertisement