Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed Conferral

Options
  • 29-04-2008 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

So, Friday week ago, i get a letter from UCD to say my graduation/conferral ceremony for my Masters is today (incidentally this was the first notice that i ha actually been awarded the masters). It just so happens that i left for Barcelona that Friday morning, and i won't be flying back until tonight. So, whilst i was in Barcelona, i told my dad to fill out the "in absentia" form and send it in to UCD, which he did some time last week.

Earlier today, i get an email from a friend who was also being conferred today, saying that my name wasn't called out as "graduating in absentia" at the ceremony. Should i be worried? Does this mean that i haven't officially been conferred the degree??

Ive emailed the conferral department to figure out what the story is anyway, but does anyone know what the deal is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Eh, never mind, nothing to see here :o

Turns out, it was a complete rinse!! my mate who told me my name hadn't been called out was taking the piss out of me! I bought it hook, line and sinker :o

I would be angry with him, but i can't help but laugh and be impressed that he got me so good :D

Anyway, all is well, and ye can call me Master beglee from now on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Muppet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

...nicely done, Master beglees mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Indeed.
    /claps

Advertisement