Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good and Bad Things about Greystones ?

Options
  • 29-04-2008 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Just wondering if people from the area could point out whats good and whats bad..Looking at it as a potential place to live and would like to get as much feedback from the folks here on boards if possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Last poster is a TROLL....

I personally have not come across anybody who lives in Greystones who doesn't love living there. That in itself says a lot for the area.

In terms of amenities, it is not lacking in terms of shops, cafe's, restuarants, Sports Clubs, Golf Courses, New swimming pool and Community Sports centre, New Shopping centre at planning stage, Beaches, New harbour development being built, Serviced frequently by Dublin Bus and the Dart, new SAR connects it wth the N11/M50, etc. I'm sure many other people have additions to th above. It's also a beautiful setting between he mountains and the sea with some great walks around the area.

Down sides? Some people will understandably groan about the commute to the city center (50 mins on Dart). Lack of schools is another. Only one secondary school. However, 2 new schools have the green light at the moment. A school for Charlesland still seems some way off. Another thing is the lack of local jobs. IDA have a huge portion of land close to the village and on the SAR, but have never found a company/companies for it (One wonders how hard they are trying).

I'm sure there are other downsides I have not mentioned also :) But the positives easily outweight the negatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

chdpoker - no trolling, next time is a ban.

Edit: chilli pepper - go back a page or two on the forum and there's a good thread about the positives of Greystones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

Thanks , I will check out the other threads sorry I should have searched before posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I've issued an infraction for that post too Eoin.

M

Advertisement