Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Model C-130 Suggestions

• 29-04-2008 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Should be finishing off a 1:48 Fouga shortly, hard kit to finish, lot of work.
    Have a few projects in hand, including 2 surfboards.

Anyway, looking down the road, thinking of making a ' What if ' C-130J with Irish markings (maybe this should be in Walter Mitty)

What would people like to see?
    Five options spring to mind to my mind

1: NATO low viz standard paint job with modified (greyed out) WWII Irish Low viz (2 tone) decals

2: Flat Green as per AW 139 with standard roundels etc.

3: 2 tone blue as per CASA 235 with standard roundels etc.

4: 2 tone grey as per IAC Pilatus/USCG or Grey/white

5: US European II/Venezuelan/Aussie 2 or 3 tone cammo job.

Aer Chorps na hEireann/Irish Air Corps taken for granted, tail flash (probably a harp as per Gulfstream) etc, perhaps a UN badge also.

Other suggestions welcome, think of this as a straw poll.

Two tone Irish Decals example
    http://modelingmadness.com/contests/safcntst/martymosenhurricane.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

4: 2 tone grey as per IAC Pilatus

That would be nice but with toned down Roundels etc give it a more Military feel. Also post pics of that Fouga!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 WarMachine

Should be finishing off a 1:48 Fouga shortly, hard kit to finish, lot of work.
    Have a few projects in hand, including 2 surfboards.

Anyway, looking down the road, thinking of making a ' What if ' C-130J with Irish markings (maybe this should be in Walter Mitty)

What would people like to see?
    Five options spring to mind to my mind

1: NATO low viz standard paint job with modified (greyed out) WWII Irish Low viz (2 tone) decals

2: Flat Green as per AW 139 with standard roundels etc.

3: 2 tone blue as per CASA 235 with standard roundels etc.

4: 2 tone grey as per IAC Pilatus/USCG or Grey/white

5: US European II/Venezuelan/Aussie 2 or 3 tone cammo job.

Aer Chorps na hEireann/Irish Air Corps taken for granted, tail flash (probably a harp as per Gulfstream) etc, perhaps a UN badge also.

Other suggestions welcome, think of this as a straw poll.

Two tone Irish Decals example
    http://modelingmadness.com/contests/safcntst/martymosenhurricane.jpg
    The Gulfstream logos are only for VIP Aircraft ( Harp)
    I would go with a single low vis Grey scheme. Not as light as the Pilatus.3tone logos is a must I think. I would design a low vis roundel as in A dark shade of grey for Green, Light grey for Gold and Leave the white blank as in the same colour as the aircraft. Thats my option anyway would like to see some photos of your work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭irishsurfer

Did not know that about the Harp.
    With the roudel if I go for a low viz I'll just use a two tone (greys) version as was used on IAC 39-45.
    Also looking for a 1:48 MOWAG/LAV III, but thats proving tricky.
    There are 1:72 Scorpions, but I prefer teh 1:48 scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

There's a 1/35 Scorpion. There is also a Panhard APC in 1/72 in Irish markings available. Try Hannants. The C130 would have to be grey like the PC9s. That's the current fashion. No Harp but a big tricolour on the tail, the Herky is a tactical transporter not a VIP bird. Full colour markings. We are not at war or ever likely to be.

A 1/48 Fouga Magister? Who makes that? I never heard of one. I would definitely buy one. Not that I would build it. Never seem to have time any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Fonderie Miniature, think. But it's discounted now, I think.
    Have heard it's pretty terrible resin kit?

Wait a while you'll get a nice plastic one from some other manufacturer like MPM, Special Hobby, Classic Airframes or someone like that

• Advertisement

The FM kit is a bastard - did the best I could, but I have not made a model in a while and this was too much too soon - would like to take another crack, but its back to plastic kits for me for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

cp251 wrote: »
    There's a 1/35 Scorpion. There is also a Panhard APC in 1/72 in Irish markings available. Try Hannants. The C130 would have to be grey like the PC9s. That's the current fashion. No Harp but a big tricolour on the tail, the Herky is a tactical transporter not a VIP bird. Full colour markings. We are not at war or ever likely to be.

A 1/48 Fouga Magister? Who makes that? I never heard of one. I would definitely buy one. Not that I would build it. Never seem to have time any more.

The Panhard M3 APC has two sets of registration plates in the box, one being 6156 ZH and I would love to know does anyone know where a larger scale model can be got or even somebody that would make up a scratch model, as it would be nice to be able to have a good sized model to go along with the 6156 ZH which I own and is in perfect running order.

Steyr wrote: »
    That would be nice but with toned down Roundels etc give it a more Military feel. Also post pics of that Fouga!:)

Very hard kit, gave undercarriage a miss - counterwights to be fitted
    I have not made a model in years, so this was prob. too much too soon
    Shots taken with a camcorder, not the best quality.
    Anyway, consider it a first attempt.

model%20fouga%203.jpg

model%20fouga%205.jpg

model%20fouga%206.jpg

model%20fouga%207.jpg

model%20fouga%201.jpg

model%20fouga%202.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Well done she looks good to me.:)

Gotta say really needed the encouragment was badly needed-much apprieciated, cheers me up at a crap time

The kit was super hard to get, ebay did provide.

The decals took even longer.

Been a few years since I made one, and this was a v.hard kit - I will do a few easier ones over the next couple of years before doing another Fouga.

This is the first model I ever airbrushed.

The other project I have in hand is an ARA Super Etendard.
    After that I want to do an Etendard.

The theme in the series is French Naval Aviation.

That way the series will be
    Magister (Zephir) = Ireland
    Etendard = France
    Super Etendard = Argentina
    Rafale = Libya (??)

• Advertisement
Advertisement