Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Clontarf

Options
  • 29-04-2008 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Thinknig of moving (renting) out here.
    Anyone live here or got any advice?
    Nice local pubs / shops?
    Certain areas to look for when renting / places to avoid?
    Would like a quiet place ideally.
    Are bus routes into and from town good / reliable? Wold ideally be linking up with Luas as I work near the green line.

What are yee paying per month here - I'm looking for 1 bed apartment.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,175 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Clontarf is a very nice area to live in, but it's really spread out. And remember that the closest DART stations are Clontarf Road and Killester which aren't close to most of Clontarf.

The 130 bus service serves the areas out of range of the DART and is frequent but fills up very fast.
    Your other option is the Howth Road bus routes from Raheny - 29A, 31, 32. Each of them is every 15-20 minutes.
    Those buses will drop you close enough to Connolly Station.

I'd recommend staying somewhere near Killester Village or else near Vernon Avenue, as that it'd have more facilities, shops etc within walking distance.

Watch out for tiny apartments though, some of the ones on Castle Avenue are really small. The Saint Lawrence Road is nice, and fairly quiet.

I'm not paying rent myself but I expect Clontarf to be towards the higher end of the range.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I live in Clontarf.

Its a nice area but not somewhere i' d rent an apartment as theyre pretty much all tiny and pretty expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Sorted

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Clontarf is a very nice area to live in, but it's really spread out. And remember that the closest DART stations are Clontarf Road and Killester which aren't close to most of Clontarf.
    QUOTE]

I live on Brighton Avenue and it's only a 5 minute walk from Clontarf Road DART!

I'd definitely recommend the area. Great transport links to town and the prom for lovely walks after work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,175 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I did say *most* of Clontarf, .i.e. up towards Vernon Avenue, Dollymount etc etc :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement