Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to learn to drive in Northside Dublin?

Options
  • 29-04-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi there, I have just recently started to learn to drive and am wondering if anyone knows of any good areas to practice in Northside Dublin? i.e. any Industrial Estates/ Car Parks that could be recommended as quiet areas to get more familiar with the car. I'm not originally from Dublin and am getting driving lessons any weekend I go home but I have just got insured on my boyfriend's car and would like to get in some practice of my own in the evenings too! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

What part of Northside Dublin are you in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BiddyBop

I'm living in Whitehall/ Santry direction.... sorry should have been a bit more specific!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

not sure of them areas, from Blanchardstown myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BiddyBop

No worries, thanks anyway, but it doesn't have to be specific to those areas, any suggestions are welcome! If it means having to drive somewhere to get to a good area my boyfriend will be with me anyway to get there...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

There's a pretty quiet industrial estate in to the left as you pass Glasnevin cemetary heading out towards Finglas - Ballybogan road, Slaney road etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

Prob a bit far but there is Baldoyle Industrial estat - directly opposite Tom Walsh's Garage. Everyone form the nearvy area learns there! Great spot for learners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Up and down the causeway at Bull Island is a popular spot for beginner drivers, there's a roundabout at the end as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

alastair wrote: »
    There's a pretty quiet industrial estate in to the left as you pass Glasnevin cemetary heading out towards Finglas - Ballybogan road, Slaney road etc.
    That's where I learned to drive, grand spot for it.

Just past Woodies there.

Advertisement