Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Mastercard Charge Back?

Options
  • 29-04-2008 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

I was looking at my statment and seen a transaction I didnt reconsize on my Mastercard I rang them and they said my card must have been copied. They cancelled my old card and have issued me a new one. They said they would send the transaction to their fraud department for invertiagtion. The problem is this is still on my balance. Does anybody know how to do a charge back on a AIB Mastercard. I did one before a few years ago but cant remember the address I sent it to. Does anyone have any idea how to do it now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

You need to dispute the transaction, but I would have assumed when they agreed to cancel your card that would have already been the case.

Had the same thing last year, but the transactions never made it to the card - they were stopped beforehand.

Chances are while the transaction is still disputed it will appear on your statement. Has your Credit Card number changed already ? If not, the disputed amount will most likely be left on your "old" card and not transfered to the "new" card account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

macrubicon wrote: »
    You need to dispute the transaction, but I would have assumed when they agreed to cancel your card that would have already been the case.

Had the same thing last year, but the transactions never made it to the card - they were stopped beforehand.

Chances are while the transaction is still disputed it will appear on your statement. Has your Credit Card number changed already ? If not, the disputed amount will most likely be left on your "old" card and not transfered to the "new" card account.

Yes my card number has been changed. I think i should have had it changed myself before now as i have had the same card since 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Easiest thing to do at this stage is to give them a call and ask... In my experiance with the Visa guys they are friendly enough to deal with.

Advertisement