Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Time To Release GTA IV

• 29-04-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

There are loads of people that have exams in the next few weeks, including myself. If i bought GTA i would be afraid i would get addicted and fail my exams! So im going cold turkey for a month! :( Anyone else have studying to be doing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

basically tough mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

slinky2000 wrote: »
    basically tough mate
    Its torture! I'll probably end up buying it anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Nope. We're grown ups. With jobs.

And we can stay up all night playing it if we want to! :D

Hhhmmmmm.... now if only I had a copy. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Insanesomeone

Yup, I'm in exactly the same boat. Have the leaving cert to get out of he way, then I'll get it.

Bloody leaving cert...

Yup, I'm in exactly the same boat. Have the leaving cert to get out of he way, then I'll get it.

Bloody leaving cert...

A lot of my friends have the leaving cert too, and they aren't even allowed play the xbox 360! :D Then there's a mate that has chemistry exams coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    And we can stay up all night playing it if we want to! :D:(

And we can ruin our appetites by eating biscuits at 5pm without fear of reprisal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

College projects all due in tomorrow. Mountain of work!

Can't. Stop. Playing!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Yeah I'm leaving it out.
    I have exams from May 6th to 19th so I'll wait until after.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Yeah I'm leaving it out.
    I have exams from May 6th to 19th so I'll wait until after.

As much as i love the GTA games, i think its better to just pass the exams then play GTA as much as i want after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Well there is an "Addiction" title in the stats menu, maybe you could play just a little bit?? ;)

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    Well there is an "Addiction" title in the stats menu, maybe you could play just a little bit?? ;)

I tried that with heroin...doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

i had to leave my xbox at a friends house to prevent me from playing this game while exams are on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahh the joys of doing college work placement.

you still feel like you're in college but you get paid and have your nights free to play GTA :D

/me ducks incoming objects.

i had to leave my xbox at a friends house to prevent me from playing this game while exams are on :(

I bet you are going to break into your friends house to retrieve your xbox some time this week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I bet you are going to break into your friends house to retrieve your xbox some time this week! :D

Showing how lack of GTA is the cause of crime not the game itself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Ah you'll learn more about life from GTA than you will from a secondary school education. It's a tough world out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 garbar

the worst thing they did was relesase it on a monday nite sure if be a fri or sat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I get paid tomorrow. I'm strongly considering going out and buying a 360 with GTA IV. Then I may stay up all night drinking expensive imported beer and eating expensive pizza. Cos that's what you can do when you have a job.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I suppose just after the exams are finished, when you are free to lounge about all summer long would be a good time for you? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

sucks to be you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

seamus wrote: »
    I get paid tomorrow. I'm strongly considering going out and buying a 360 with GTA IV. Then I may stay up all night drinking expensive imported beer and eating expensive pizza. Cos that's what you can do when you have a job.

Amen brother! Still though... work is pretty much getting in the way of me being able to actually pick up said pre-order. Tis a double edged sword!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Boots09

Im on placement from college so have money but the only copy of the game i could get is at home in Galway and Im in Leixlip role on Friday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Its a conspiracy to make you fail your exams so you stay immature and remain in the target audience for the game :D

Clearly! :p Several newspapers will be running with this story and are interested in your comments, PM me for details :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I have the damn leaving as well but I'm still getting the game. You can't spend all your time studying !!

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I have the damn leaving as well but I'm still getting the game. You can't spend all your time studying !!

Failure is not an option...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Got the game and have exams in two weeks. Was orignially planning not to but I feel I can manage it, I just stopped playing a few minutes ago to study (hence why I'm reading boards)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I had it in my hand and didn't buy it.

Same as others, exams in two weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm in the middle of exams right now, so annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm doing my Leaving aswell this year,but I still bought the game.You have to have fun.Cant be studying all the time

Advertisement