Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrading XP to Vista Ultimate

• 29-04-2008 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine who works in Microsoft has kindly bought me Vista Ultimate, but since he's real busy he keeps forgetting to send it out to me. I have a new pc which other than installing XP I have just left it lying around for the last few weeks as I wanted to do a fresh install of Vista before I install all my apps and files on it.

But I'm getting a bit impatient at this stage. Now I know you can upgrade from XP to Vista, but am a little worried that this might not be optimal, i.e. a clean install of vista would be for the best.
    Do you think I'm right to wait or am I being over cautious?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Clean install is best. Also if you want to go 64 bit with Vista you can't do an upgrade install either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

I'm still waiting on Vista Ultimate from my pal, getting fed up of waiting tbh as my new pc has now layed idle for over a month, so I've decided to bite the bullet and buy Vista myself. So the same question goes I guess, can I buy the basic version of vista and upgrade to the ultimate version if/once I get it from my pal without the likelihood of encountering any major issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I think it's just a case of changing the product key?

not 100% sure

Advertisement