Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hard drive

• 29-04-2008 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

hi

with no hardrive with the xbox 360 arcade can someone tell me do u need a hardrive to play/save games like GTA4?

can you plug in an external hardrive and just use that to save downloads/ save games etc??

or do you just HAVE to buy an xbox hardrive.

thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

To save games you must have a hard drive or memory card. You should have gotten a memory card with the arcade pack. 512MB. afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

To save games you must have a hard drive or memory card. You should have gotten a memory card with the arcade pack. 512MB. afaik.

thanks, yeah i got a memory card,

Im just wondering is it necessary to have an offical XBox hardrive,
    or will an external hardrive do the exact same job.

considering they cost 90 euro for a tiny 20 gig im hoping i dont need one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

thanks, yeah i got a memory card,

Im just wondering is it necessary to have an offical XBox hardrive,
    or will an external hardrive do the exact same job.

considering they cost 90 euro for a tiny 20 gig im hoping i dont need one!

Nope, afraid not. Kinda sh*tty, but if you want to save games or download content it has to be to an official drive. External ones can only be used to stream content like movies or music off of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Shop around online, to the best of my knowledge US and Asian 360 hard drives will work on the PAL/Irish 360's.

Advertisement