Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your favourite moments so far

• 29-04-2008 3:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Obviously if its mission related hide it in spoilers. But post up your favourite but of city life/ funny bits that youve seen so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭puntypower

drivin flat out then goin over a hill flyin through the air and smashing a car by landing on it!!! this is goin to be the most used post so far!!!!!!:cool::cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Driving along the freeway, I was coming to a part where there was another section merging from the right. I saw a big crash leading to a multi-car pile. I slammed on the brakes to watch and see what else would happen, when there was the sound of horns behind me and another car that had been behind me tried to pass me out running down some people hopping out of the first crash before ploughing into the pile of cars :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tonyh8su

Pulled the handbreak going down a hill in the Range Rover (cant remember what its in game name is :( ) and then flattening a woman against the wall of a building. Ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Trying to control drunken Niko! Funniest thing I have ever seen in a GTA game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Aldebaran wrote: »

The
    "Clean Getaway" mission for Vlad where you have to steal the Blista Compact

One of the guys tried a bit too hard to get his car back, kept hanging on to the drivers door and got smashed into a brick wall :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Havent done much of the mission yet, just went for a spin around. Dragged some bloke halfway down the street hanging onto the car then over the hill fora massive crash. Flying around in the Stallion is quite entertaining, especially when you get speed up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Waahh.. This is torture. Roll on October PC launch. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Drunkeness is cool, as is flying through a windscreen for the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

realising that you fly out of the windscreen when you crash hard enough, accidentally making it across the closed bridge and getting an instant 6 star wanted level

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Multiplayer is the highlight of it so far with me. Taking on the Boss and a few crooks all on my own...or annoying the crap out of a group of people on free roam by constantly knocking them down...or getting a six star wanted level in single player (not sure how though) and trying to escape.
    Aldebaran wrote: »
    I laughed so much at this. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Also: Warm Coffee achievement! I lolled a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

When I was cruising down the road on my way to an assassination, I drove past an internet cafe, so before popping somebody I decided to check my emails... A girl from the internet dating thing had replied... Hahahaha, its the little things that make this game absolutely amazing. Like the tv, I've already spent a solid 20 minuted watching tv... =P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Speaking of little details. They have included that static noise on the radio before a text arrives. It just shows you how much attention has been paid to this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

eZe^ wrote: »
    Like the tv, I've already spent a solid 20 minuted watching tv... =P

I shot up my TV.:D Hope the repair man payed a visit while I was out.
    As for Michelle, dirty slut.
    Scored on the second date.
    << just in case.

Just need UTD*spits* to lose and it'll be a perfect day.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

1)Putting the game in the slot

other than that just going to the airport driving around and trying to shake the Gardai no Vectras/mondeos those cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

I shot up my TV.:D Hope the repair man payed a visit while I was out.
    As for Michelle, dirty slut.
    Scored on the second date.
    << just in case.

Just need UTD*spits* to lose and it'll be a perfect day.:D

Yep, Michelle is a
    2nd dater
    !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Had to kill this guy. Already killed somebody with him. He ran off. Was chasing him down some stairs. Thought he'd get away cos there was crowd of people between me and him and it was a difficult angle, but autoaimed on him, pointed the cursor at his head and down he went. One shot. The mission that I thought was going to last ages was over in seconds. Very satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

screaming across the motor way on a superbike, only to find a car pulling out in front of me, hitting it full on and watching as my body flies in close up slow motion till i bounce off someones bonnet!! awesome!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

It started with car chase across a large bridge in the rain and ended with me being chased through the woods by the police.

Anybody get hold of the choppers yet??? And any tips on where I can find the motorbikes??

• Advertisement

which motorbikes? they are everywhere

TBH it may because it was a mainly late night/early morning session I got with it, but I've played about 5 hours so far and I am yet to see a bike of any sort!

DarkJager wrote: »
    TBH it may because it was a mainly late night/early morning session I got with it, but I've played about 5 hours so far and I am yet to see a bike of any sort!
    i'm findin them everywhere whatevers up?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Trying to get my date home from the irish bar.. Biggest laugh ever i was rotten falling all over the place.. Spent most of my time on the ground:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Vain wrote: »
    Trying to get my date home from the irish bar.. Biggest laugh ever i was rotten falling all over the place.. Spent most of my time on the ground:D

Hehe, that was my location of choice for the second date as well, we sure know how to treat ladies to a decent night out...
    nearly pissed myself when lairy old Nico shouted "YELLOW CAR" at a taxi:p
    The "can I come in for some hot coffee" line cracked me up as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Playing online trying to snipe from top of a crane. Some nutter trying to drive his car on the beach so I start picking him off, his car gets stuck in sand, realises he is getting shot at, gets out of car and gets a piece of lead into the back of his neck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

got a bmw and was doing donughts at an intersection, and the tyres blew after a minute, just like in rl!mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Not understanding how to hail a taxi after the pub date with Michelle. Deciding to drink drive as a result and finding out that it is not much better than drink walking. After this being chased by the cops as a result and ending up in the sea.

Good date if i say so myself.

Dunno if this is a fave moment or not but it seems all too realisitc when you get ran over by a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

After big Police chase across the city pressed wrong button and jumped from moving car on motorway rolled for ages lieing concussed by the median just as i was coming back around cop car shoots through the air and splats me against the concrete. Ouch big time Died and scenes were used on TV ad for Kids not undoing seat belts whilst driving on M50. Voice over by Gay Bryne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Brilliant car chase on one of the freeways.

Managed to shoot up my target's car enough that it started flaming. He jumps out, and just as he's dusting himself off, bang, I smack in to him and crush him between my car and the freeway's middle barrier. Mission successful.

Meanwhile, his flaming wreck has caused an obstruction and a truck has stopped, unable to pass. A guy on a motorbike rear-ends the truck, but wasn't going fast enough to be seriously hurt. Just as he's getting up, a car smacks into him and kills him. The driver of the car gets out and starts panicing, but he's killed when another car smacks into his vehicle, causing it to crush him. More hilarity ensues as car after car adds to the pile up.

The whole sequence was just stunning. If that was in any other game it would have been a beautifully choreographed event. The amazing thing about GTA is that it was totally random. :D

Advertisement