Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your favourite moments so far

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭monaghanbiffo

i'm so jealous.:mad::mad::mad:

my 360 is in monaghan, i'm stuck in dublin till friday. hopefully tesco restock by then!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Finding a bloke doing thai-chi at sunrise on the end of the beach, targeting him with my gun and listening to his hippy pleas! Also, prank phonecalling the cops is a genius idea - helps shake the heat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Pull some random guy out of his Range Rover look a like and take off down the street like a nut. The passenger is left in the car.
    While i'm looking at the guy screaming in the mirror i rear end another car and come to a stop. Passanger gets out and pulls me from the car.
    Starts throwin a few punches, next of all i hear the sirens. Cops were coming in the opposite direction, have seen this guy beating me and have stopped to arrest him.
    Unbelievable, they hold him at gunpoint and put him in the back of the car and drive off.

I never laughed so much! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

First thing I done on it was probably the best..robbed a car..went down the high way. I was about to crash and not realising what happens when you jump out of the car at high speed, I jumped out. I flew in front of the car I was driving landed at the barrier sitting down and the car turned 180, followed through an impaled me...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

On a mission to kill a guy I was distracted by some of his friends and he shot out of an alleyway in a car, a little too fast though he crashed into the opposite wall. I casually strolled over and shot him through the back windscreen watching blood spatter all over the inside of the car.

Taking michelle too a pub and deciding to drive home on an NRG-900:
    *SPLAT* (very funny at the time, but I actually felt really bad afterwards)

Trying a stunt jump but not having quite enough speed to make it over the building, the car hit the wall just below the roof but shot me out of the windscreen and over the building in glorious slo-mo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the first time i hit a bollard at speed and came through the windscreen was a nice surprise. I think that's the first time I started to realise how special it was.

but there's just so many things in it, so many little touches that will make it the end of most people social lives. i tell ya, if i got paid for sick days, I'd be at deaths door right now having been up all night playing it instead of in work having to make do with talking about it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

The first time it rained. Driving at night across the bridge watching the Hazy white lights on the bridge shiver in the rain while listhening to 1979 on the radio. Sheer beuty.

Also the cutscenes. They are outstanding.

Playing darts is also fantastic.

Watching TV in the apartment OH and the shotgun, its incredible.

The Ragdoll affects.

Hitting a news stand and watching the detailed News papers fly all over the screen.

Blindfiring through a window to kill some guy.

Standing at the docks after the ''fed the fishes'' achievment watching the waves and still thinking about how awsome the cut scene was before it.

Taking a cab ride and stoped at the lights ,looked down an ally and saw a guy sitting on a step on his own smoking and rubbing his head with his hands in the fog.

Its outstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Highlights for me have been any of my cab journeys with the Indian guy Roman sends to pick you up. The dialogue is so funny.

Stealing a womans car in traffic - she grabs the door handle as Im driving off but doesnt get it open. Im driving at high speed but she refuses to let go so I move closer to the curb and clip her off a lampost. That did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭r0nn13

crashing my car headon and niko flying out the window, crahsing a car on a front corner and the front wheel is buckled but still driving and finally driving a large armoured truck and handbraking it to drift, but it sliding sideways and slamming into a few parked cars.

Think the driving physics are better but that is personal tastes it seems...

Picking up bricks and hitting ppl and cars is also funny :D

Also I was running from the cops at one stage and rand down and ally i thought was a dead end - door at the end of the alley opens and all of a suddenly im in a Launderet ! Cop hits the front of the launderet and flies through his windscreen and through the window of the launderet !!!!!!! my jaw dropped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

First time flying through through the windscreen, I almost pissed myself laughing.

Sneaking over to the other islands and getting an instant 5-star rating, and trying to evade the cops in a stolen police car, only to go down in a blaze of glory (ie, shot in the back of the head as I ran away from my burning car).

Noticing after about 5 minutes of driving that the front of my car was still smeared with blood from a guy I ran over earlier.

And getting pissed off that everytime I tried to rob a parked car, they seemed to be locked, only to discover later that if you wait a second, Niko smashes the window and hotwires the car.

Oh, and going for the train, getting bored and pushing a guy onto the track, only to watch him get run over by the train just as he was trying to climb back onto the platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

So far:

Standing far too close to some random fella on the street (I actually nudged him up against a wall) until he wigged out and attacked me. His friends joined in, including a guy with a knife. The cops arrived, ignored me entirely, arrested one guy, shot the fella with the knife, started chasing the others.

One of the things that always bothered me about the GTA III series was that the cops were oblivious to anyone else's crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgiemcgrane

No real fav moment so far, but the first time I stood in front of a car and free aimed at the driver - only to watch him put his hands up, then pop one square into his head, see the blood hit the inside of the car and the poor driver slump forward onto the wheel and the **HORN** goin off. - classic !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

No real fav moment so far, but the first time I stood in front of a car and free aimed at the driver - only to watch him put his hands up, then pop one square into his head, see the blood hit the inside of the car and the poor driver slump forward onto the wheel and the **HORN** goin off. - classic !

I did that too but the guy fell forward, hit the accelerator and ran me over! A dead guy ran me over! Classic

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Driving by the park and seeing a guy wandering round with a metal detector.

Running up a stairwell in a block of flats and seeing (and hearing) a guy pissing against the wall.

I also love the Car Damage. At one stage l ramped off the higway and hit the ground like a javilin ...my car was practicly in half !!!!!!!! I slowly feel back down and then Niko couldnt get the car to start...

I also wrote my initials in the side of a car with bullets ! First thing i did was kill 5 or six cops to get there guns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I didn't get to do half of this stuff because I spent a good 40 minutes last night just watching the TV in the apartment :D

Republican commando Liberation cartoon thing is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Taking Roman to the strip club on a motorbike, going flat out over one of the bridges, watching it in cinematic mode onlw to find myself hitting a bollard at the end of the bridge & seeing myself & Roman flying gracefully through the air.

I land on the grass a bit injured, but Roman end up full speed into a wall :)

then i get a text saying my friend was injured & an hour later i get a call from him to pick him up at the hospital :D

class

Playing Darts in a tiny little irish pub with irish music playing in the background!!! Its great i love the way near the end of the dart game when you need a double the Crosshair gets a little harder to aim.

Wasent mad on the bowling.

They way the road looks and handles while its raining.The little splashes at your feet as you walk across the road in it!

The way Niko walks ! and the way when you run down a stairs he does it like a real person does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the easiest thing to see and funniest thing i've managed to do in game besides the hilarious missions;

walk up to some guy, bump into him, keep bumping into him until he goes nuts and starts punching you.
    run to a cop, the cop shoots him, he beats the cop up, more cops come, riot starts (if your lucky) people die, guns and money all over the place, and usually a free cop car with a shotgun inside it.

doesnt always work out as well as this, but when it does its worth a few hundred quid guns a copcar and a good bellylaugh xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Pushed a guy off a train platform and he got creamed by the train!! I thought it was funny anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

highlights so far... going through the windscreen 1st time and felling the pain from the sounds, ouch.

warm coffee :D

hitting a car really hard and it going on fire and the driver getting out on fire.

watching tv, I never thought id spend 30 mins in a game watching tv :pac:

and as usual with gta just finding all these little details and jokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

tman wrote: »
    Hehe, that was my location of choice for the second date as well, we sure know how to treat ladies to a decent night out...
    nearly pissed myself when lairy old Nico shouted "YELLOW CAR" at a taxi:p
    The "can I come in for some hot coffee" line cracked me up as well
    LOL, that's where I brought her too, we really do know how to treat them ladies. Getting a taxi home was tricky though...

I also really enjoyed getting sent flying through the windscreen the first time. I came flying over a hill and ran straight into the roundabout thingy and went flying, I didn't know how the fcuk I had ended up outside of the car until I saw the windscreen was broken. Class!!

Also another cool thing was when I crashed into a Jeep of some sort, it went on fire and the driver came jumping out of the car covered in flames, rolling around on the ground, very cool, I watched him burn and carried on, still not sure if I should have put him out of his misery...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

anybody think michelle is undercover?

Naaa id say shes just a nut job.This thread is killing me cus all i want to do is go home and play it. Im crap at using spoiler tags for some reason. Realy want to talk about the last Cut Scene i saw.......

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

I shot out all the tires on a jeep and drove down an expressway on the rims, sparks flying.

Shot a guy driving a jeep and he slumped over and the jeep started driving forward (loved that little touch)

This sounds sick, but I'm starting to prefer just shooting a driver a couple of times with the pistol and then taking the car rather than just pulling the driver out and struggling with him. :eek: I love the way the blood goes all over the windscreen :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

few points to back it up

1. reluctant to say were she is from and wat job she does
    2. everything in the aprtment is band new the tags are still on them
    3. conversations and texts about organised crime etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

dave80 wrote: »
    anybody think michelle is undercover?
    well Niko Bellic had her under the covers
    da dum dish

I'll get me coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Watching Bas Ruten taking the piss out of himself.

Was not expecting this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJlqtj5YYLo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

How do you take a taxi? I can whistle, the cab will stop, I stand by the back door and press the button to get in, in he gets, whacks the taxi driver in the face and shoves him out, and drives off! But that's not what I wanted!

Advertisement