Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your favourite moments so far

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

dave80 wrote: »
    few points to back it up

1. reluctant to say were she is from and wat job she does
    2. everything in the aprtment is band new the tags are still on them
    3. conversations and texts about organised crime etc

she's in the witness protection program i reckon.. there's some similarity to her on the lovemeet webpage in the internet cafe, but yeah she could be undercover too.

oh and i noticed something completely hilarious about motorbikes too..
    i near wee'd myself when this happened, booting over one of the bridges to one of the tunes, maximum speed, looked away for a second as i got a text ingame, ran straight into teh back of a convertible, went flying over it, lost half my health, laughed irl, went back to my motorbike, pressed Y, he puts a crash helmet on before he gets back onto the bike lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Biro wrote: »
    How do you take a taxi? I can whistle, the cab will stop, I stand by the back door and press the button to get in, in he gets, whacks the taxi driver in the face and shoves him out, and drives off! But that's not what I wanted!

Press and hold the enter vehicle button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

- Flying out through the window after a hard crash
    - In a shootout in a druggies flat, accidentally shooting a gas tank and blowing us all up!
    - Warm Coffee :D
    - Niko taking the piss out of the other guys with jokes about their masculinity
    - Spam email :D
    - Niko's replies to Brucie and Roman in the emails :D
    - Driving a truck rigged with explosives, Roman calls to ask me out for a drink, and Niko says he doesn't think it's a good time as driving a truck full of explosives when drunk might not be a good idea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

the flying through the windscreen is nice but it was done in saints row and in a driving game like burnout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

madrab wrote: »
    the flying through the windscreen is nice but it was done in saints row and in a driving game like burnout
    Flat Out. :) Still, it's a nice feature and when you're not expecting it, it's hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Press and hold the enter vehicle button.

Ta!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

regarding Michelle,
    yeah, she's working for the feds. Pointers to it are as already mentioned (new apartment, questions about crime, questions about where she could get drugs), and also don't forget her comments while you're having your "hot coffee" - "Oooh, say interesting things! Ahh, speak louder". Etc etc. Her apartment is obviously bugged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Seeing the sign for Tallaght 17miles in the Irish bar.

Going for drinks with Roman and hugging the lamppost.

On MP taking out a car coming at me at full speed with a rocket launcher only to be hit by the cars remains and being killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

driving flat out into a filling station n dettin the **** shocked outta me when the yoke went BOOOOOM, wasnt expectin that :D

also, of course; poppin my prostitute cherry :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Vain wrote: »
    Trying to get my date home from the irish bar.. Biggest laugh ever i was rotten falling all over the place.. Spent most of my time on the ground:D

lol...so true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Went to the Irish bar with Michelle, played darts, then all of a sudden some chap with a bat comes out and starts taking lumps out of me, then I die:D. Couldn't stop laughing:cool:

or

Spawn a helicopter, fly to "Empire State Building", 6 stars, RPG, great fun:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Stealing a motorbike, riding it full speed down the bridge, weaving in and out of traffic, ramping up the side just before the roadblock, jumping over it, landing perfectly on the other side, Instantly getting a 5 star police rating, continuing down the bridge, until I try to do it again at the police roadblock. I mistime it, hit a police car head on, get thrown from my bike through the air, and as I'm flying through the air, get shot and killed, and watch, in black and white slo-mo, as I land in a crumpled heap on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Killing Retrogamer in a mp match with a rocket launcher...priceless :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Throwing a grenade into a petrol station full of cars (awesome sight)

Pulling a handbrake turn while the owner of the car held on for his life, which he eventually lost after getting slapped by a passing truck. :D

Kneecapping the Tai Chi man with a handgun then calling the police, who for some reason arrested him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Finding a bloke doing thai-chi at sunrise on the end of the beach, targeting him with my gun and listening to his hippy pleas! Also, prank phonecalling the cops is a genius idea - helps shake the heat!

how do you access the numbers on the phone (360)? I did it once but can't figure it out now. I don't have a manual. Has anyone tried calling the shopping channel ad on the tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

Without a doubt: HELICOPTERS!!!

1.Taking down a police helicopter with the rotors of my stolen helitours copter.
    2.Tilting the blades and flying low through a busy street=cars and people being thrown everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

Gegerty wrote: »
    how do you access the numbers on the phone (360)? I did it once but can't figure it out now. I don't have a manual. Has anyone tried calling the shopping channel ad on the tv?

Press up twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Gegerty wrote: »
    how do you access the numbers on the phone (360)? I did it once but can't figure it out now.

Press the same button again that you press to bring up the phone's screen (UP on the directional pad on the PS3, assume it's the same on the 360)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Going full speed on a motorbike and chasing some guy also on a motorbike. Hitting the wall and realising I'm beside the ocean. I went off the bike like a catapult, somersaulted into the air and landed in the ocean. Not a bother as the water provided a softish landing but I was literally like :eek:.

Chasing another guy in a car. I kept crashing into him and shooting him with an Uzi. Soon enough I had a 2 star wanted level so I was chasing him and the cops were chasing me. I managed to shoot out two of his cars tyres on one side and the car started smoking after another few rams. The gob****e still keeps driving in his barely working car and then the car goes up in flames. He bails out just as the car explodes and then runs around the street on fire and falls over dead.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED KTHX.

I then bailed outta my wrecked car and over a wall to escape the cops. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Went and got drunk with LJ (Think thats his name, rasta guy) and left the pub. Was trying to drive away when the cops started chasing my, possibly for drink driving. Got te car mangled and had to bail out and run for another car............ except I was pissed and just fell flat on the ground. Couldn't get up and was busted!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

ScumLord wrote: »
    Waahh.. This is torture. Roll on October PC launch. :(

You know Rockstar havent even confirmed a PC version?

And considering there last few titles havent seen PC releases i wouldnt be so confident about this,

See Bully, Manhunt2....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Driving along the bridge, went to the cinematic view and just as I hit slow mo, I crashed into the back of a taxi and watched the glass from his rear window shatter all over my bonnet. Nothing particularly funny or anything like that, it was just the physics that did it for me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Driving to the airport with mates in Free Play. Parking a Helicopter on the Runway between 2 ramps(kept someone in the chopper so the blades are still running) and ramping over just to be flung all over the place by the wind coming from the blades !!!! The best thing was the race to the airport with 3 buses loaded with people with uzis !!!

what a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Just talking on the mobile with Roman, walking across the road... got knocked down by a car... the driver gets out, looks at me, and says "I was sending an e-mail." as if I'd interrupted him :D

Also being drunk = the win.

Also cool, was when my car was on fire and I climed on top of, before it exploded, sending me flying 50 metres up into the air, in slow motion. landing in a crumbled heap between two branches in a tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

WellyJ wrote: »
    You know Rockstar havent even confirmed a PC version?

And considering there last few titles havent seen PC releases i wouldnt be so confident about this,

See Bully, Manhunt2....

They released GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas on the pc about 6-12 months after the initial releases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Pyr0 wrote: »
    They released GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas on the pc about 6-12 months after the initial releases.

Yes, they also released Manhunt on PC,

And they dont seem to have any plans on releasing 2 on PC.

Just a warning to people not to be too sure about the PC release,

They have never confirmed one, and with Epic, Crytek, EA all moaning about PC Game Piracy its certainly not a given that it will come out.

Check Madden 09, EA are not going to have a PC version this year, and Crytek are moving to Consoles too.

A sad day when PC gaming is fading away.....

Funny, because I remember 4/5 years ago, everyone was saying Consoles would be dead soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My biggest wow moment so far was when I was going full speed on the highway smashed straight into the back of a car. It didn't look to do much damage before suddenly erupting in flames with the driver falling out of the car in flames!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Any time little jacob talks or is anywhere on screen.

kdjac

Advertisement