Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your favourite moments so far

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Was playing it earlier and had a "lady of the night" in the car, I took a corner too fast and the car turned over on its roof but it wasnt all bad because she she proceded to give Niko a hand job while the car was upside down! :D :pac: Funniest thing Ive seen in ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

When I was walking across the road and bumped into a guy and the 2 of us had words followed by a fight. Knocked him onto his knees then proceded to walk off, only to hear a screeching noise followed by a noisy bump. Turn around and find the guy I was fighting 20 yards down the road after been hit by a taxi :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Love the rag-doll effects. Particularly if a car is coming towards Niko, about to hit him, jump as if to try and hurdle over the car. He looks like he's going to land on the bonnet, but then the legs get swept out from under him, head hits roof/boot/windscreen etc and he usually lands behind the car. Great fun!!

Oh, Also seeing how high in the air i can get thrown from a motorbike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i blew myself up last night, whilst on top of a crane. twas a long way down.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Driving into a petrol station at high speed. Carnage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

ro_chez wrote: »
    Driving into a petrol station at high speed. Carnage!

lol, same thing happened to me, except that it was the cops who went through the petrol station, abut 4 cars all ramming into it to create an amzing explosion and me getting off scot-free!

Also listening to the Journey while
    going to the train station to kill the guy Faustin sends you to, Lenny I think it was. Mafia style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

haha. i was on a 'date with that michelle, i didnt quite no the controls yet and popped her rite in the mouth,then she ran away :( quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Head on collision with an oncoming cop car durin g a police chase... the passenger cop gets thrown through the windscreen and onto the bonnet of my car. I proceeded to hightail it down the freeway with the cop on the bonnet of the car, ****tin himself. then I decided to blast him through the windscreen with my 9mm. and run over him with the car as he fell off the front. hope he didnt have a wife and kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Defo fav moment has been watching tv, and it actually being better than real life tv. Defo love the Bas Rutten show, i love Bas Rutten. BAM BAM BAM!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cruising on the way to a meet and hearing One Vision by Queen and Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy, sweet as. I was having my doubts about the "fun factor" of this game until that moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

On a date with Michelle, and i had a bike. So we're bombing around on the roads and i'm looking for a classy joint. Decided to take a shortcut and hit a ramp. Well she fell off the bike and was far from impressed! Try it sometime, just for her reaction!

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Toss up between taking out people in a fancy suit, just walking into a building and walking through em with a handgun pluggin em, all while dressed to the nines.

That or when I was on a date with one of the bitchs, took her to a pub and we got drunk, fell around, I walked into a fella, took a swipe at me, I fell over, he kicked me, the bitch fell over me and she got a kick, then yer man walked off, I lol'd hard at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Not my favourite moment but funny none the less.

I was throwing a few darts while on a date and I was landing 180 all over the place when Nico says something like " I must be english" or something like that.

Well made me chuckle anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

the bank job

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The GPS woman saying "ding dong"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

feylya wrote: »
    The GPS woman saying "ding dong"

+1 to that.

I thought I was hearing things when I heard her say that. Her voice is very soothing :pac:

Anyone else having problems with the GPS stop functioning. I have it set to be active in all cars, but it will routinely stop given me voice directions for no apparent reason.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ha, I thought I was too but I thought I'd post anyway.

Also, Qub3D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Got a good few hours playing for the first time tonight at last ........ best moment so far was myself & Roman falling out of Comrades Bar onto the road in the early hours and both being squished by a bin lorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Got killed in amazing fashion last night. Tearing across one of the bridges on a pcj600. Down the centre of the 2 lanes, as you do, when some taxi decides to change lanes. Hit him, thrown off, tumbled down the road for quite some time. Had a bit of health left, it was the biggest amount of health i had lost from a bike crash. Just as Niko goes to get up, facing towards the camera, he gets ploughe in the head by a taxi. Black and white slo-mo while taxi speeds off.

I like to think it was the same taxi i hit going across the bridge :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone else having problems with the GPS stop functioning. I have it set to be active in all cars, but it will routinely stop given me voice directions for no apparent reason.

I'm pretty sure its the more expensive cars that have the good GPS, which I thought was great attention to detail. Rob a bog standard car and you get nothing or beeping. Rob a kick ass car and you get the voice.

Another favourite moment: hitting the Liberty City equivelant of Times Square for the first time. Don't think I could argue the game has bad graphics after seeing that place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I'm pretty sure its the more expensive cars that have the good GPS, which I thought was great attention to detail. Rob a bog standard car and you get nothing or beeping. Rob a kick ass car and you get the voice.

That's the default setting yes. But you can go into the audio options and change it so that any car will have the voice enabled GPS. It will work fine for me, and then suddenly stop. I have to go back into the menu and, even though its on the right setting, toggle to off and then back to on, to get it back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The mission where you have to snipe a few guys on top of a crane and they fall onto the car down below :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

the stunt across the swimming pool place, myself and the brother fell around the place laughing at that, not very funny but it was just some distance of a jump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Markvtos

I have a lot of good moments so far.

1. Going on a date with Kate McReary and accidently running her over (she refuses to see me anymore!)

2. throwing a grenade through the passenger window of a car and watching the guy scrambling around while trying to throw the grenade back out!

3. I accidently knocked down a guy crossing the road, his friend just dropped the coffee he was holding, and stood there for a minute, like he was in shock or something, and THEN called the police! I just thought that was brilliant. I love the fact that he was shocked by witnessing his friends death!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

My mate told me of a website you go to, www.littlelacysurprisepageant.com, and when you do
    you're redirected to the FBI homepage and get a 4-star wanted rating. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Couple of good moments last night.

1) On a date with Kate, go to a bar and get sloshed (she's brilliant when she's drunk, the stuff she comes out with is class!), and decide to get us home on my bike, when my drunk driving soon attracts the attention of the cops. Two pretty bad crashes later, poor Katie don't get up, and I'm informed she'd been killed. She's not really dead though, just kinda writhering and moaning in the middle of the road. I'm in the middle of a junction trying to fend off cops from multiple directions with a 3 star rating. I dial the ambulance service hoping the paramedic will heal Kate, but no, just heals me and buggers off. So I pop a bullet in Kate's head to put her out of her misery.

2) See an icecream van coming down the road and decide that'd be fun to drive. Stand out in front of it and point my gun at the driver while he's driving towards me. He takes his hands off the wheel and holds them up, and the truck ploughs straight into me, flinging me into the air. Lesson learned: wait until the vehicle you are attempting to jack comes to a stop before pointing your gun at the driver!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have to say the first time i hit a bollard at full speed and niko flew over the bonnet was one of my fav moments as i didnt know it was going to happen.

I dont think the getting drunk bit is much fun tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I love
    Brucie
    <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

In the multiplayer me and my friend were doing free play having a race when these 2 guys joined and proceded to wreck the race with rocket launchers. After respawning me and my friend tore over to the airport and jumped into 2 gunship helicopters. We chased both of the guys the entire way across the 3 islands untill the eventualy had to leap off into the ocean ..me and my friend then crashed into each other died and both wrecks hit the boat the other two had jumped into killing them.

COD4 cant do that !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

In the middle of a helicopter tour decided to see what would happen if i opened the door to exit.Didnt think the door would be open.I fell out hit off two buildings on the way down and then got hit by a car when i hit the street.

Advertisement