Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your favourite moments so far

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

koneko wrote: »
    I love
    Brucie
    <3

He reminds me of the 80s guy in Futurama ("there are two types of people in this world - sheep, and sharks" "Gutsy question - you're a shark"). Which is good. Love his missions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

koneko wrote: »
    I love
    Brucie
    <3

The guy who plays him: http://www.timothyadams.net/

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

using a helicopter to fly to the top of the empire state building (what ever its called) and get out to try and have a look on the viewing platform only to press jump by mistake and and wait over a minute to hit the ground :D I couldnt stop laughing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    The guy who plays him: http://www.timothyadams.net/

:D

oh dear! That opening image should come with a NSFW tag!
    But I do like the site's use of music:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Managing to break off the tail on my first failed attempt at flying a helicopter... I was close enough to the ground at the time so thought I might as well just bail out and hope for the best, but of course I managed to jump straight into the blades:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Pulled a guy out of his car and shot him in the leg. He tried to pull himself up on the back of his car as I jump into the drivers seat. Just as i'm about to pull away he stands up and gets squished by some NPC rear-ending me.

So many times I've laughed out loud while playing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

A few good bits for me. The first time getting flung from a car while the cops were chasing me I go flying roll along road my own car keeps going drives over me and kills me. It was a bit annoying but still funny as hell.

Taking a heli and someone trys to stop me and hangs onto the skids. I then go up as high as I can then shake him off and watch as he falls to the ground.

The mission with the garbage truck squeeze between two cars and the two lads on the back get hit by the cars classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭horsecrap

i love taking a helicopter up as high as i can, then just jumping out!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

cutscene of the cops cordoning off the bank.

hitting a hot dog stand and blowing up was funny enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

On the assasination missions, using a rocket launcher to clear the house with bucky sligo, house full of targets, As I fired a missile at the front door, dude comes rushing out, missile creams the wall behind him, His body flattens me to the ground, dodging the blast from the rocket (mostly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I was out in a boat beside the airport, police chopper was above me firing at me so I shot it with my rocket launcher, the wreckage then proceeds to flatten me, hilarious at the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funlovintapir

my favourite bit so far is seeing the sign for TALLAGHT . amazing!

dsc03414dt9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

I just love pistol whipping people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

holding a live grenade,then i got hit by a taxi,dropped it and didnt get up in time yano the rest!:D:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

singloud wrote: »
    I just love pistol whipping people.
    Me too, I've gone on some great pistol-whipping sprees... a virtual happy-slapping rampage.
    That'd make a cool activity... call one of your in-game friends and have them take some low quality video on their phone of you pistol whipping unsuspecting strangers... then go into tw@ and upload it to craplist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ haha, imagine the moral outrage :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Tried to rob a car tonight and I don't know what happened but I wasn't quick enough, the driver took off with me holding onto the door handle. Got dragged along the road for a bit and then had to let go! Wrecked. This was while trying to get a car to bring Michelle> on a date!

Also, in my first race, flipped the car about 4 or 5 times, landed back on four wheels and went on to win the race with Brucie screaming crazy **** at me. Great character.

The sheer amount of random stuff that happens is amazing.

Also, TV. Only actually stayed to watch some tonight and it's hilarious.

<edit: sorry, forgot how to do spoilers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i feel so ****ing jealous of you guys right now...

meh.

1209891692710.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Hijacked a moped last night and managed to elude the cops on it... :D

Then bizarrely completed a stunt jump on it. Was by far the biggest jump I've done so far.....and on a moped.....LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

one of my favourite moments was picking up a bottle of ketchup and lashing it off the head of the girl in the diner, she wouldnt serve me then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

antomagoo wrote: »
    one of my favourite moments was picking up a bottle of ketchup and lashing it off the head of the girl in the diner, she wouldnt serve me then
    Ah yeah, some people get a bit uppity when you smack them.
    Silly woman. The customer is always right and all that.

Probably just as well, she would have spat in your food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I only bought it yesterday(payday :D) on the 360 and so far my fave moment was crashing out of my car into the water, swimming for about 3 minutes only to be able to scoop myself up out of the water and onto a building site down by the docks. I proceeded to beat the crap out of the lads in hi-vis jackets with a baseball bat only to watch their bodies float off into water at 6am sunrise. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Can I just say WHAT A GAME. I only played it around 3 hours earlier and expect to play it all evening but **** me, it's so much more realistic and harder to get used too...will it take me long? What a ****ing game though. Christ, it's unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I kicked over one of those flaming barrels on the beach and because it was on a hill it rolled over Niko and he caught on fire. LOL

He was screaming and everything! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

After doing hostile negiations after a few tries, i was driving out and drove over an safe looking "barrel".

Luckily i have a few controllers and wont miss the black one :mad:

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    After doing hostile negiations after a few tries, i was driving out and drove over an safe looking "barrel".

Luckily i have a few controllers and wont miss the black one :mad:

kdjac

What happened to the controller? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Joe Robot wrote: »
    What happened to the controller? :confused:

it got deaded.

kdjac

tramagedy.jpg

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

cheesedude wrote: »
    Can I just say WHAT A GAME. I only played it around 3 hours earlier and expect to play it all evening but **** me, it's so much more realistic and harder to get used too...will it take me long? What a ****ing game though. Christ, it's unreal.

quite hard to get use in comparsion to the other gta's but once ya do,ya wont stop playing :cool:

my fav....in the underpass,homeless people keeping warm beside a bin on fire,until yours truly ploughs straight into them at full tilt in a sports car (turismo) god i LOVE this game,lol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

WP guys, this thread has convinced to not to wait for the pc release instead I'm buying it first thing in the morning. yay!

Advertisement