Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your favourite moments so far

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Just arrived into Star Junction (Times Square) this evening, and it was amazing. I've been many times. I felt like checking to see if a certain deli I know was around the corner. Brilliant!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Playing earlier and i stole a car while some bloke was doing something in the boot! It was a real WTF moment but enjoyable none the less! The boot was half open as i was driving! (it was a people carrier of some descript!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

"ill take her"

niko knocking out the car owner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

I was just finished a mission and decided to hi-jack a ride the old fashioned way, ie:gunning down the driver and stealing his motor,

i proceeded to fire a few rounds through the windscreen, nailing the driver in the chest a few times and almost certainly killing him,

the body of the driver slumped foward and put pressure on the accelerator and the car sped up flying past me and slamming into a barrier a an unmerciful speed, it then bounced back towards the road and flipped onto its roof, sending sparks everywhere as it slid to a halt,

this was intense enough but.....

as with most crash scenes people slowed down to pass as the road was partially blocked, and an ambulance siren was sounding in the distance as they rushed to try and help the now almost certain dead driver,

then a car travelling at stupid speed (and obviously rubber-necking) slammed into the car sending it another 100 or so feet down the road and certainly killing the driver of the over-turned car (though he was almost certainly dead anyway), the speeding driver sped away knowing he was screwed,

what made this so great was that it sounds made up, but as this thread proves anything is possible in this game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

The most amazing mission of them all..

I wont spoil, but let me just say 'Heat'

*drools*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

The most amazing mission of them all..

I wont spoil, but let me just say 'Heat'

*drools*

Yep, agreed, best bit in the game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

My favourite bits are not story related...a mass shootout with peds, car drivers and cops that was a result of me attempting to jack a car, making a haims of it and shooting at the driver. Then chaos erupts around me, allowing a clean getaway:D. Or, getting into trouble with a strip cub bouncer cos I shot a pigeon above his head, and when I drive off he hits my tyre, after which I decide to drive carefully to see how long it takes before I am on the rims. Lets just say I went from Aldernay to Pay n Spray in Broker on a flat, without the tyre coming off the rim:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Haven't played that much as I don't have it, but walking/driving around hammered is hillarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

While on a four star chase with the noose and cops, I went over a stunt jump. The camera slowed and lashed behind me, where three squad cars, an FIB hummer and a NOOSE van, which was on fire, jumped over behind me. The van exploded in mid air, spiraling the other cars into trees, poles and other cars as they too exploded and I got away scot free.

The best bit? Achievement unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

tearing across the bridge with the toll both in a truck with a ramp on the back, slam on the breaks coming upto the barrier to avoid a wanted level, a guy on a motorbike behind slaps into the back of the truck and flies over the handlebars and lands on the roof of the tollboth, ****ing hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Just last night: I have a cop car parked outside my safe house just in case (I do assassination missions from time to time). So I come outside and the cop that's pretty much always out there has his gun pointed at someone for some reason. He then proceeds to walk the perp to my cop car, get in and drive off! I was like wtf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

fjon wrote: »
    Yep, agreed, best bit in the game!

Have to agree again!
    The part where you're leaving the bank and shooting the m16 or whatever it is at the cop cars and cops. Straight away you think of "Heat", brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

corblimey wrote: »
    Just last night: I have a cop car parked outside my safe house just in case (I do assassination missions from time to time). So I come outside and the cop that's pretty much always out there has his gun pointed at someone for some reason. He then proceeds to walk the perp to my cop car, get in and drive off! I was like wtf.

ROFL! your plan spoiled! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Markvtos

antomagoo wrote: »
    one of my favourite moments was picking up a bottle of ketchup and lashing it off the head of the girl in the diner, she wouldnt serve me then

That reminds me of the time i went into burgershot and threw a box of fries at the waitress. They just bounced right off her head!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

Flying a helicopter and thinking I was gunna crash, Instead only the tail broke off and I was still able to fly around (badly)
    SO in short:trying to fly a disfigured chopper around the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

While on a four star chase with the noose and cops, I went over a stunt jump. The camera slowed and lashed behind me, where three squad cars, an FIB hummer and a NOOSE van, which was on fire, jumped over behind me. The van exploded in mid air, spiraling the other cars into trees, poles and other cars as they too exploded and I got away scot free.

The best bit? Achievement unlocked.

It's bit like this, and basically the whole thread why Rockstar need to implement a "Theatre," mode similar to Halo3's.

Advertisement