Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV has already caused a stabbing...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

I wonder did he stay in line and get his game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wow, what a blatant attempt to draw a tenuous link.
    Police said the 23-year-old victim was walking past the queue when he was stabbed several times by a hooded man who appeared to be waiting in line.
    So quite clearly, "I'm gonna jump that f*cker. Oh, this line looks like a good place to hide. *hide*. Right, here comes that f*cker. *stab* *stab*"

OMG it's GTA's fault. If that line hadn't been there, the guy would never have been stabbed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭puntypower

he prob had his ps3 controller with him and pressed l3 to duck afters!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

seamus wrote: »
    Wow, what a blatant attempt to draw a tenuous link.

So quite clearly, "I'm gonna jump that f*cker. Oh, this line looks like a good place to hide. *hide*. Right, here comes that f*cker. *stab* *stab*"

OMG it's GTA's fault. If that line hadn't been there, the guy would never have been stabbed :rolleyes:

Or maybe the guy has trouble distingusiing make believe from reality and thought it'd be cool to bring a knife along and stab someone just like in the game.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Jack Thomson under cover with one of those prop-knives stabbing a bum he paid to walk past at a certain time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

In which case he should be in a mental hospital, not on the streets.

Hehe, you saying the real stabber or Jack THomson should be in the mad-house?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Is this a piss-take?

A light-skinned black man of 6ft 5".

I can imagine whoever reported that "Oh, he was a huge monster of a black man he was. Came out of nowhere with a sharpened blade of steel. That's the thanks we get for sending Fr. Joe out there on the missions. They only went and followed him home and now they're stabbing us."

It's like something out of the Dark Ages.

It was either that or it was like that scene from Everybody Hates Chris:

"He was black, black black, with a black. Black, black, black, black. Ogh, and he wore a black black and walked with a black."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Plenty of rough looking feckers in all the queues I've seen in Dublin.

Not your usual gamer types at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Plenty of rough looking feckers in all the queues I've seen in Dublin.

Not your usual gamer types at all.

What's a usual gamer type?

• Advertisement

I don't know.. people with Space Invader t-shirts...

Lots of baseball caps and hoodies in the queues I've seen anyway...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I went down in my transformers tshirt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I wore my tuxedo as per usual...

what exactly does your typical gamer wear?

Maybe they were typical gamers in GTA scumbag cosplay...

feylya wrote: »

My office looks so much like that it's scary...

I've got Zelda Gashpon figures and a plush companion cube.

I want that cube!

*dons hoody*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

seamus wrote: »

Obviously. The game should be banned immediately on the grounds that if I can't have it, no one can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

The article neglects to mention that the suspect attempted to solicit the victim for sex first. It was the victim's refusal that initiated the rage-fuelled stabbing.

The suspect's original intent was to pay the victim cash, copulate with him, then stomp his head into the ground and reclaim his money.

So in actuality, he got off lucky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

feylya wrote: »

Gahaahaa.. I read the first page and was just about to post this. Ah.. Roy...

*waves to Feylya* you get it yet, sir? sold out everywhere I went today in Dun Laoghaire.. :(

• Advertisement

Playing it now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

slow-mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

po0k wrote: »
    slow-mo

You called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

lol monkeyfudge thats the most ridiculous comment ive ever heard of in my life?

hoodies and baseball caps make people scumbags or "not gamers"

seriously what planet have you fallen from?

voted for comment of the month in the handicapped clearly middle aged man from nowhere forum :/

take a look at any lan or pro gaming circuit then come back to me

just lol

im gathering you are the stereotypical nerd? judging by the forums you mod and saying " rough looking feckers" id hazard a guess you are

and your the very reason gaming is ****e in the country.

and the very reason i dont indulge myself in nerdy things id like to do like roleplay etc, cause of people stereotyping, and me wearing hoodies, jerseys and tracksuits makes me a nacker :/

sorry for rant but i cannot stand this stupidy and ignorance...

gta is about robbing cars, killing random people and making money from crime....what market do you think its targetting....

unless theres a "lightsabre coffee" mod i wasnt aware of, i dont see any reason for hardcore "nerds" as you put it to be playing...

Look.. I've grown up and still live in Coolock... I know a rough looking yob when I see one. I'm not purely judging people on the clothes they wear, there's attitude and body language as well.

And the simple fact of the matter is that this game appeals to more than the usual crowd that you'd have lining up for a game at midnight... the last two midnight launches I would have been to were Mario Kart and Halo 3.

MonkeyFudge is right. For a game to be the fastest selling game in history or some such it needs to be mainstream popular which brings out all the mainstream idiots that buy about one game a year, usually FIFA and wouldn't have clue in general.

Besides a game this big is wasted on people with jobs. Only unemployed scumbags have the hours you truely need to put into a game like this. But if it takes the random beatings and car jacking off the streets and into their living rooms then we owe Rockstar a debt of gratitude for reducing crime and cleaning up our streets.

Advertisement