Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Check these guys out...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Nice bass in the first track. Great technical ability indeed.

Being honest, that kind of music is my idea of hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Froot wrote: »
    Being honest, that kind of music is my idea of hell.

lol! :D

Why's that, out of curiosity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

You neglected to mention the name of the band Karl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Hey, they're not bad actually.

Morf wrote: »
    You neglected to mention the name of the band Karl!

Indeed I did. They're called Anthem. :pac:

• Advertisement

anthem are THE SEX
    their engrish is hilarious xD
    hardly anyone knows them though, which makes their stuff really hard to find. they're really under appreciated, imo

Meh, the internet makes everything easy to find. ;)

lol! :D

Why's that, out of curiosity?

Well first off I'd like to say this has nothing to do with their ability or anything like that. It is obvious they can play.

I don't like that kind of music because it just grates on me. I know its not thrash (trash, imo) metal or anything but the speed detracts from the quality of the song I think. The singing also annoys me. I have similar issues with the vocals in Iron Maiden etc, the only band that can hold my interest, with that kind of vocalist, is Hammerfall (sometimes).

I am more into Kyuss type metal and blues music anyway.

That's fair enough. I guess you wouldn't be a fan of Paul Gilbert then, eh? ;)

I have no idea who Paul Gilbert is.

• Advertisement

Froot wrote: »
    I have no idea who Paul Gilbert is.

This new Youtube evidence thingy is great, so much better than big long explanations about angles, tangents and playing styles. Yes i did just make that stuff up.
    :pac:

In response to your video, I would never want to play that. Again yeah the technical stuff is great but nothing about that video makes me want to play guitar, learn that track or want to analyse the guys playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Lovely stuff. And for the record, I also love Paul Gilbert. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

As others have said, they're very technically proficient musicians. I think the vocals would annoy me after a while too :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Not too bad, cant help but think of Threshold (great band) for some reason, probably the singer.

If your going to do crazy technical stuff though I much prefare the likes of Sleep Terror:
    http://www.myspace.com/sleepterror
    (impossable to get a good video of them)

Or the age old favourite Necrophagist:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Very nice! They seem like the kind of guys who'd make a living from video game soundtracks or something. I just get that vibe.

EDIT: Re the OP

Advertisement