Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for Admin role?

Options
  • 29-04-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have an interview coming up, and I always get asked how much do I expect for Reception/Admin duties. I usually say between 22-25k. I have on and off 2 years experience, but I am wondering if this is normal, or am I selling myself short? The job is advertised as 30k, should I just say this is what I am expecting? I don't want to say I am expecting too much or I may not get the job.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Tricky, as the HR person may have put an incorrect salary on the job advert (wouldn't be the first time that's happened!)

I think if I were you, I'd say "well the job was advertised at 30k, so that is what I would hope to be offered..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

With 2 years experience - I would be looking for at least 25k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

you dont have to answer the question with an exact figure.

Don't be afraid to answer the question in such a way that you put emphasis/reference to the prescribed salary.

Q. "So what sort of salary would you expect from this job"
    A. "hmm, well your advertisement in the paper shows 30k, and I suppose if I got this, I'd be extremely happy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Say you're currently on 25k and would be looking to improve on this when moving, BUT (to cover your behind if you do actually really really want this new one and they did make a mistake with the salary) say you would be willing to negotiate for the right role.

Advertisement