Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

badminton around maynooth?

Options
  • 29-04-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

sorry there was no badminton forum under sports
    is there any place where we can play badminton in and around maynooth?
    NUI university has badminton club but i am not a student there hence cannot go and play..

any other place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Not in maynooth as far as I know, but you could try any of these in neighbouring towns...
    http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/townsites/community-groups/searchresults.asp?keywords=badminton

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Check with your local GAA clubs. Many of them would hire out their gyms/halls to various different sports. I know Ardclough Gaa have a babminton club at the moment but it might be a bit far for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

if your willing to travel to leixlip, the amenities centre beside lidl, has badminton from 8pm to 11pm.anyone can pay and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

df1985 wrote: »
    if your willing to travel to leixlip, the amenities centre beside lidl, has badminton from 8pm to 11pm.anyone can pay and play.

This is grand, if you dont mind the BLARING step aerobics that they do in the other half of the hall!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

df1985 wrote: »

thanks mate...
    do u know how much does it cost and is it everyday or weekendds only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

thanks mate...

i played there a few years ago. It was €5 to play and back then it was on Wednesday nights.

it was good fun, until I did my back in:( (not a badminton related injury!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

thanks mate...

i fpr got to say its on wednesday evenings.not sure how much it is for nonmemebers, ill be down there tomorrow so will check then.the step aerobics the other guy mentioned doesnt go on for the whole night, think its just for the 1st hour and after that the whole hall is used for badminton.

thanks for the info lads..will have a look soon
    do they provide the nets?
    is it enough for us to get the rackets and shuttles?

df1985, i will wait for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

It costs E12 per hour, They have all the nets, you will need to bring raquets and shuttle.

thanks mate for the great info..

• Advertisement
Advertisement