Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

were gunsNroses this close to returning??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

hard to know how to take that tbh,weiland will be in the press a lot over the coming months to promote his STP reunion tour and god knows what tripe he will come out with. as i understand it the relationship between axl and slash is extremely fraught so it doesn't look likely but if axl's current incarnation fail to go much further it could still happen in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

I think Velvet revolver are crap anyway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

kona wrote: »

How exactly is he disgruntled?:confused:

Weiland has been off heroin for 5 years.Slash was in rehab for heroin only around 2 years ago as he has been many times over the years.

Glassheart wrote: »

Weiland has been off heroin for 5 years.Slash was in rehab for heroin only around 2 years ago as he has been many times over the years.

Dunno about disgruntled but once a junkie always a junkie :pac:

Froot wrote: »
    Dunno about disgruntled but once a junkie always a junkie :pac:

Well then i guess Slash is still a junkie too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

because VR told him to **** off:D:D

weiland has been off heroin, humm, why was he booted out of VR???

slash is ****e anyways:D:p

Well then i guess Slash is still a junkie too...

I have no doubt he is, I have no love or loyalty towards either of them.

Stating that a reunion was cancelled due to media coverage of it is hardly genuine, I think.

kona wrote: »
    because VR told him to **** off:D:D

weiland has been off heroin, humm, why was he booted out of VR???

slash is ****e anyways:D:p

I think they parted ways over issues with money and the STP reunion.It would be very hypocritical of those guys to fire him over drugs issues!

I'm glad Scott is gone.I think he was always too talented for those one trick ponies.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

To be honest, I don't care if GN'R got back together....they were **** live. they only lasted as a band for what... 9 years! All band members suffer from massive ego issues which would never give them a future. If they do such a thing as a reunion, it'll be only for the money and nothing else.

As for VR, their first album was very good, the 2nd was awful....the only reunions I wish for are:

-Jason Newsted to get back with Metallica.
    -Roger Waters with Pink floyd.
    -Justin Hawkins with The Drakness...that was one funny Rock band :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Suff wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't care if GN'R got back together....they were **** live. they only lasted as a band for what... 9 years! All band members suffer from massive ego issues which would never give them a future. If they do such a thing as a reunion, it'll be only for the money and nothing else.

As for VR, their first album was very good, the 2nd was awful....the only reunions I wish for are:

yeah the darkness rocked, Stone Gods are good but they don't have the same magic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i'll believe this when music from chinese democracy is in the soundtrack to duke nukem forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

The article seems to say they were going to get together around the time of the greatest hits album. As far as I remember that release was put back a few times. I wonder was this due to reunion negotiations or is it just a wild conspiricy theory!
    Suff wrote: »
    ....the only reunions I wish for are:

The first two I would like to see but Hawkins voice annoyes me so much, so I could do without hearing that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Sorry i think you have that wrong, he wasn't on heroin but "Hillbillys Heroin" which is a prescribed drug you crush and snort!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

This Hilbilly stuff must make you forgetful too, as in this months Classic Rock magazine interview, he's quite adamant that (as well as having a fondness for coke, crack and booze) he had a ferocious appetite for Heroin while in STP and VR...

This Hilbilly stuff must make you forgetful too, as in this months Classic Rock magazine interview, he's quite adamant that (as well as having a fondness for coke, crack and booze) he had a ferocious appetite for Heroin while in STP and VR...

Slash not Scott, slash was on the hillbilly stuff!!! recently i was reading the hot press and Duff was saying while they were in dublin peforming the Ambassador gigs members of the band were going out and he said it always ends up the same, and as it happened a member had taken some cocaine and had fat groupies back in the hotel, and mentioned that this guy is out of control with cocaine in his system, slash stayed put in his room and like wise duff and i know this cause my unc worked in the hotel they stayed in!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm not so sure about the Illusion GNR lineup reunion being a hare's breath away. One of the big reasons they splintered apart was because Slash and Axl could hardly be in the same room together, nevermind work together. And when Slash did the Snakepit, he'd gotten to the point where he was too busy to even consider working with Axl. Tobias' guitar parts overlapping his for Sympathy for The Devil was just the straw that broke the camels back.

Personally i'm hoping a reunion doesn't happen anytime soon, it'll only prolong the delay of Chinese Democracy.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Personally i'm hoping a reunion doesn't happen anytime soon, it'll only prolong the delay of Chinese Democracy.

you could be on your own in that hope, if people were give nth e choice, chinese democracy release or the original lineup reforming, 9 out of 10 would go for the latter!! and id be one of them!!

you could be on your own in that hope, if people were give nth e choice, chinese democracy release or the original lineup reforming, 9 out of 10 would go for the latter!! and id be one of them!!

The original line up will most likely never happen anyway, and most people prefer Sorum over Adler to begin with. So the "original" line up will mostly likely never reform.

VR!

it would most likely be the use your illusion line-up that played slane etc. that would get back together,sorum on drums,duff on bass,gilby clark on rhythm,slash on lead and axl on vocals and hopefully no 976 horn section/teddy andreadis and treacy and roberta as back up. adler can hardly function these days,he had a stroke i believe and izzy hates any touring beyond a few weeks so i'd imagine they're out.

The original line up will most likely never happen anyway, and most people prefer Sorum over Adler to begin with. So the "original" line up will mostly likely never reform.

VR!

ye i suppose you're right seeing as adler is basically dead!! butwasnt adler only in gnr for the first album, so by original members maybe i should say "longest standing members of the band at their peak!" (but thats way too much to type!

• Advertisement

ye i suppose you're right seeing as adler is basically dead!! butwasnt adler only in gnr for the first album, so by original members maybe i should say "longest standing members of the band at their peak!" (but thats way too much to type!

Two if you count GNR Lies. He played on the live and acoustic stuff. Also I'd take Izzy Stradlin over Gilby Clarke any day of the damn week.

Although i'm one of the few who actually appreciated their gig in the RDS with that lineup a couple of years ago, alright Bumblefoot should be turfed, but Fortus and Finke do decent jobs. Axl moved on a long time ago, i think everyone else should too. Even if the Illusion lineup came back together, you seriously think they could pull off another masterpiece? I don't! The Spaghetti Incident was truly dire stuff!

VR!

Even if the Illusion lineup came back together, you seriously think they could pull off another masterpiece? I don't! The Spaghetti Incident was truly dire stuff!

VR!

The Spaghetti Incident was only a fun record which actually sold more than 4 million copy's, there are some god songs on it but i was just thrown together but it dates back to recordings done before the illusion tour started! ! ! ! its one album i actually like that a band covers classic's,

hyn-zie wrote: »
    The Spaghetti Incident was only a fun record which actually sold more than 4 million copy's, there are some god songs on it but i was just thrown together but it dates back to recordings done before the illusion tour started! ! ! ! its one album i actually like that a band covers classic's,

+1 i totally agree i likes that album and i like the gnr twist on a number of great songs, i love their version of nazareths song hair of the dog!!

i love their cover of "down on the farm" from that album,axl's mockney accent is hilarious:D

hyn-zie wrote: »
    its one album i actually like that a band covers classic's,

Then get your hands on Queensryche's "Take Cover", now there's a band who took that idea and didn't botch it up.

VR!

Advertisement