Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Ballyfermot college

Options
  • 29-04-2008 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

Hey all, i'm starting college in september in Ballyfermot and i'm just wondering what is the handiest way to get there from heuston station, i was told the Luas stops close to there is that true?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

79 stop is outside heuston station... go out the door to the taxis cross the road and wait should be every 20 minutes... should take about 20 - 30 minutes to get there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

I went there a few years ago, and a girl i was in college with used to come from sallins and she used the cherry orchard stop.
    Now i don't know how far it is, if it's still in service or if it's even safe. Might be worth a look into.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

79/79a buses would be the better option. It's a long walk from the luas and from the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Luas would drop you a bus ride away (which could take 30 minutes at rush hour)either the 79 as mentioned or 78 from aston quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Ah okay thank you all for the replies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

anto-t wrote: »
    79 stop is outside heuston station... go out the door to the taxis cross the road and wait should be every 20 minutes... should take about 20 - 30 minutes to get there...

If the train you get doesn't stop in Cherry Orchard, then as above, get the 79 or (I think) there is a 79a occasionally. Don't go near the Luas as you'll then be making it a 3 legged jounery when it doesn't need to be.
    DubLegs wrote: »
    I went there a few years ago, and a girl i was in college with used to come from sallins and she used the cherry orchard stop.
    Now i don't know how far it is, if it's still in service or if it's even safe. Might be worth a look into.

I used to go to Ballyer and travelled up from Portarlington everyday for a year. Getting off at Cherry Orchard was the best option when it wasn't raining. A 20 minute walk in the morning would have you in.

Advertisement