Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying the console just for it?

• 29-04-2008 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

Should I buy the 360 just for the game?
    How much is the 360 with the game, and is it adviseable to get a good TV for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm using a Standard Definition TV and it looks absolutely fine to me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

What are the cost? Second hand a new? For both console and TV.

TV isn't great, all I'd be using it for is this lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Think you can get a ps3 with gta for 400 and a little less for 360, thats what i saw in Zavvi anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Depends which version of the 360 you get - cheapest is the Arcade one for €200 + a separate €60 or so for the game. But you most likely don't want that as it has no hard drive which is a pain in the ass. Get the "premium" one which comes with hard disk and wireless controller in the box.

Since I don't have a HDTV I'm using my 360 with my 20.1" widescreen PC monitor via a VGA cable (costs another €20...) and it looks great.

Don't know much about the PS3 so I'll leave others to talk about that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

extra vision do a 4game deal for 300 on the 360, thats what way i went, then bought GTA separate, so for like 364euro you get a really decent selection of games and the console itself, or ye could chance yer arm with a buyandsell jobbie, but imo the console and the warranty are far more worth it if you buy it brand spankin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Interesting about the monitor Stephen, I have a 19' here.

Last poster, I will go the XtraVision route then, or perhaps adverts.ie. Plenty of trustworthy people there.

Advertisement