Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hot taps not running...

Options
  • 29-04-2008 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭

I just had Dino-Rod come out to unblock our drains after the manholes in the garden were overflowing. He had me switch on the taps and flush the toilets but after he left the water stopped running. The cold taps are back but the hot taps are empty. I'm hoping this is a simple problem and I won't have to get him back... anyone any ideas?? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

You probably used all the water in attic tank, faster than it could fill. You may now have an airlock in hot system.

You need to force water at mains pressure through an open hot tap. Best place is kitchen, if tap is mains fed. If spout has 2 holes, then wrap a marigold around it and turn on cold with hot open. If spout has not got 2 holes, consider garden tap with hose to a hot tap spout and force mains water up it........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Andrea B. wrote: »
    You probably used all the water in attic tank, faster than it could fill. You may now have an airlock in hot system.

You need to force water at mains pressure through an open hot tap. Best place is kitchen, if tap is mains fed. If spout has 2 holes, then wrap a marigold around it and turn on cold with hot open. If spout has not got 2 holes, consider garden tap with hose to a hot tap spout and force mains water up it........
    Thanks for the reply. It was in indeed an airlock in the system. Problem solved :)

Advertisement