Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a practice trainee role!

• 29-04-2008 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Could anyone please tell me how difficult it really is to gain a trainee position in a small or medium sized practice. I have been sending my cv to numerous accounting firms who have advertised positions as well as a couple of agencies. I'm not getting very far though I havent had one interview yet and am really starting to worry after studying for 4 years. I,m currently working in sales and am extremely eager to get out and dont mind the salary drop, can anyone offer any advice to me at all, greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Fruiti

Are you adamant that you want a small/medium practice or would you consider applying to the Big 4? Most of them should have a few vacancies opening up now to start in sept/oct.

If you definitely want a small practice have you checked out the ICAI's website - they provide a list of training firms. Also the Institute of Tax - www.taxireland.ie if you're interested in tax.

You can also apply to the ICAI to do the first set of profesisonal exams externally i.e. cap 1 or 2 depending on how many exemptions you have. This might be a help when applying for jobs as it proves your motivation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

Try https://www.acca-business.org/pls/ecommerce/edoml001.p_find_firm but really if you have not had any success in the current market, there is something wrong with your CV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AA&A

Hello

I have a current opening for a trainee account and I believe our practice matches the profile you describe.

Please e-mail your Cv to WCAT@eircom.net and we can take it from there.

Kind Regards
    AA&A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

pepsi777 wrote: »
    Could anyone please tell me how difficult it really is to gain a trainee position in a small or medium sized practice. I have been sending my cv to numerous accounting firms who have advertised positions as well as a couple of agencies. I'm not getting very far though I havent had one interview yet and am really starting to worry after studying for 4 years. I,m currently working in sales and am extremely eager to get out and dont mind the salary drop, can anyone offer any advice to me at all, greatly appreciated.

Hi Pepsi,

It shouldn't be that difficult but that depends on where in the country you are, if you were in Dublin you would get a job in the morning...You can have my job if you want if you like getting paid the minimum wage at best :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Accountant

pepsi777 wrote: »
    We are currently recruiting. Send in your CV. I quarntee a responce, positive or otherwise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement