Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pioneer Automotive UK, anyone know anything about them?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Personally I'd stay clear. Hand over the full amount (a deposit would be fair enough though) before you even see/test the car??? Not a chance!

I may be wrong though...

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭jeff lebowski

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Personally I'd stay clear. Hand over the full amount (a deposit would be fair enough though) before you even see/test the car??? Not a chance!

I may be wrong though...

Yeah, deposit isn't a problem and is paid. Was going to pay the rest when I went over and took it for a spin and checked it out

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yeah, deposit isn't a problem and is paid. Was going to pay the rest when I went over and took it for a spin and checked it out
    Which is the normal way to do it. Did they say why they're insisting on the full amount up front?

What kind of car is it?

It's an A4, v good spec, just what I've been searching for at the right price.

Here's their ebay feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=pioneer-automotive&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:uk&iid=130216800127

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Where does ebay come into this?

Pioneer have their own website (on which there is nothing about pre-paying btw) ...why would they sell via e-bay?

Are you about to transfer money to a fake e-bay site or what?

• Advertisement

Sorry, should have explained. They advertise on other sites as well as their own. In ebay they have classified ads, not auctions. I found them through the autotrader site.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/pioneer-automotive

IMO you either understood something wrong or this is a very elaborate scam.

Asking for money upfront for buying a used car is unheard of ...I certainly wouldn't hand over anything before actually having seen and driven the car.

this is what it says on their website;
    Either get a Bank Draft for the remaining balance in Sterling (GB Pounds) and note down your Bank's address and telephone number to enable us to confirm validity of the Draft - or even easier...just pay by Debit card again, after notifying your bank that a large payment will be made on the collection date.

nothing about paying upfront

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I had to pay full amount up front before buying my car in the uk (From main dealer though). It was fully refundable if I was not happy. Touch wood I have it over 2 years with no problem.

OP wait until after July if the car is a diesel to benefit from the new emissions based VRT

This one still has 1 year Audi warranty left to run on it which, if I understand correctly, is valid throughout Europe. Regarding the VRT, it will actually go up for this car if I wait 'til after July. Just on that.....the tax will still be the same as they existing non Co2 one isn't that right, seeing as it is a 2nd hand car?

Either get a Bank Draft for the remaining balance in Sterling (GB Pounds) and note down your Bank's address and telephone number to enable us to confirm validity of the Draft - or even easier...just pay by Debit card again, after notifying your bank that a large payment will be made on the collection date.
    Where on their site is this? Can't see it....

• Advertisement

Where on their site is this? Can't see it....

There
    http://www.pioneerautomotive.co.uk/irish4.shtml
    in the middle somewhere

I see it now.....I remembered reading that alright. To be honest, once the RAC & HPI check is done and if it's under Audi Warranty is it a safe enough deal would you reckon?

theoretically yes ...but there still is the remote chance that the car isn't actually there at all, or different than described or whatever.

Personally, I would not part with my hard earned until I can see and touch the actual car.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement