Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not being able to connect to MP?

• 29-04-2008 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else not being able to accept invites? Basically kicking you back to sing player after aying that it is not able to connect? Am able to host and join the odd match here and there but accepting invites seems to be the main issue

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I keep getting "you must be signed into playstation network"...and im signed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I can't get a game on xbox live either

same here and i was already playing it online last night/ this morining, when i click on multi-player there's an option to connect and it has'nt worked once, when i was playing it last night/this morning when i clicked multi-player i did'nt have to connect and could just select my option.

Bollox cause i don't want to clear the thing straight away but still want to play!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Check your firewalls haven't reset themselves to Medium !

Make sure if you have TV senders that there not interfering i.e. switch them off.

Check internet settings i.n PS3 settings. Could just be your LAN is down at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Just so you know, this is on xbox live. Still same prob. I can host but cant accept invites. Anyone reckon it is just teething problems on the first day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I'm unable to sign in online with the ps3 aswell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭r0nn13

Anybody having any luck today?. I still can't get on, have'nt got on since yesterday evening. Some people are saying they can get to the lobby?, i only get the ''Connecting to server'' and ''Cannot connect'' coming up on mine, when i get in i can play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Anybody having any luck today?. I still can't get on, have'nt got on since yesterday evening. Some people are saying they can get to the lobby?, i only get the ''Connecting to server'' and ''Cannot connect'' coming up on mine, when i get in i can play

same problem here, havent got to play mp yet, which is starting to get to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For the 80th time in the last 24 hours, make sure your ports are forwarded on your router.

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    For the 80th time in the last 24 hours, make sure your ports are forwarded on your router.

Had NAT 2 before, the update changed it to 3, then a fella here gave a route to having NAT 1, which if i'm not mistaken is said to remove the need to open ports!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

make sure your ports are forwarded on your router.

Sorry couldnt find any posts about it. How do you do that??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

i keep getting cannot connect to game server PS3 btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

View here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

You got any ideas for this problem on the PS3.
    My phone just displays the "cant connect to the game provider" message.

I've been back playing it the past few hours, had'nt worked since yesterday evening.

Having an awful lot of problems, in two games i've just been standing there and watching my team mates run off as i'm unable to do anything as no buttons work, it just looks to others like you've just left the controller down and walked off. The PS button on the controller to knock the computer off wont work and the only option is to turn the PS off by the button on the machine so the problem is affecting the whole system, hope they sort this out, although i'm playing now i've had to restart my computer a few times now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CAn anyone offer advice on this. trying to play multiplayer on the PS3.

I can join 'Quick Matches', and I can play other ps3 titles online - such as Pro Evo 2008, so my system can definately connect to the internet and multiplayer games. However, I can not accept invites. Whenever I do, I get an error similar to 'Games session is no longer availble'. Anyone know how to sort this error out? I'm on BT broadand too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

So Does anyone Know when they are gonna release a patch/update for the 360 versions online multiplayer? Has anyone seen/read anything yet?

I cant find anything on the gta website.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cormhag

For PS3 it's all about the NAT type. Get it to type 1 and it'll work every time. I had the same problems as everybody else.

Just follow this kids instructions and it'll be fine: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3EjOI-aryhA&feature=related

GOOD STUFF! Let me know if this works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

cormhag wrote: »
    For PS3 it's all about the NAT type. Get it to type 1 and it'll work every time. I had the same problems as everybody else.

Just follow this kids instructions and it'll be fine: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3EjOI-aryhA&feature=related

GOOD STUFF! Let me know if this works
    can't get mine to go to NAT 1 - sticks on NAT 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Every router is different, so that tutorial may not work for everyone.

check out www.portforward.com that has full instructions for pretty much any router on the market

Advertisement