Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1/2 Price Pizza?

• 29-04-2008 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

I am organizing a kids party for the end of next week. Over 30 guests are expected and I was thinking of feeding them pizza. I while back I heard of someone who had done the same and used 1/2 price vouchers for Domino's or Four Star, not sure. Does anyone know where I can get these discount vouchers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

There's usually vouchers in your local trade directory although they're limited to one per customer Monday-Thursday usually.

You could always ring the place alternatively and ask them to give you some vouchers, most places oblige.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pizza Hut do a "buy one, get s 2nd half price" deal, if it's any use to you. Pizza Hut are based in Lucan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Godathers 2 for 1 on 12" and 16" on the back of Dunnes Stores receipts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Apache have a buy 1 get a second for €1.99 thing on Tesco receipts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Brimmy wrote: »
    There's usually vouchers in your local trade directory although they're limited to one per customer Monday-Thursday usually.
    You could always ring the place alternatively and ask them to give you some vouchers, most places oblige.
    Yep, I noticed those restrictions also. In some cases it also says one coupon per customer. I have tried the local Four Star and they told me to call them later in week and they might have a new special deal.
    the_syco wrote: »
    Pizza Hut do a "buy one, get s 2nd half price" deal, if it's any use to you. Pizza Hut are based in Lucan.
    Thanks for the tip syco. Unfortunately the pizzas would be cold and hard by the time they got here :) I am in South Dublin.
    random wrote: »
    Godathers 2 for 1 on 12" and 16" on the back of Dunnes Stores receipts.
    Those are frozen pizzas, right? I am looking for hot & delivered because the party will be at a local football pitch, so no ovens around (should have clarified that earlier, sorry)
    Blush_01 wrote: »
    Apache have a buy 1 get a second for €1.99 thing on Tesco receipts.
    I spotted the same one in the coupons in the Independent directory. Never had Apache pizzas, how would you rate them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Zynks wrote: »
    Those are frozen pizzas, right? I am looking for hot & delivered because the party will be at a local football pitch, so no ovens around (should have clarified that earlier, sorry)

http://www.godfatherspizza.ie/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭juror

I think Dominos have 2 for 1 offers on the back of Tesco's receipts

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There's loads of pizza huts around the place, not just lucan. There's ones in rathmines and dundrum for starters, I'm pretty sure one in tallaght, and probably plenty more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Ive a voucher book for 4 star tallaght & the best offer on it is "Buy any 12"/16" & get a second for €2" (im sure you can collect one off them if thats the nearest to the party)

Theres 12 big slices in 16" so buy 2 full price (max €22) & get another 2 for €4

You can give the the change outta €50 as a tip :)

Dont forget it'll prob take a good 40 min for delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you are paying more than 50% of the "list/menu" price for pizza you are paying way too much. Pizza is WAY overpriced, look at the price of them in supermarkets and compare to other takeaways, and take into account most chinese places give twice the portion a supermarket does.

There is nearly always a 2 for 1 pizza deal on. Some accept competitors vouchers too.

If you are talking 30 people you could just ring and tell them that, and say you want 50% off, I would say they would jump at the chance, with no need fo a voucher. Especially if given good notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

rubadub wrote: »
    If you are talking 30 people you could just ring and tell them that, and say you want 50% off, I would say they would jump at the chance, with no need fo a voucher. Especially if given good notice.
    I have that feeling also. I will approach one of the big palces and let you know the result.
    Thanks to all for such great input!
    Zynks

Advertisement