Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

206cc lights

Options
  • 29-04-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

Folks, wife has a 206cc, 2001. She came home today and her brake lights are on with the ignition. rear lights do not come on when switched, front work as normal. I checked the bulbs, thinking it was a safety override (always have rear lights) but they are fine, i also checked the fuses in the cabbin and under the bonnet, all look fine also. We have no manual so dont have a fuse layout, does anyone know what number the rear lights are or have any idea whats going on ?

Thanks in advance,

oleras.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Seems to be common enough on the 206 range, from another site :
    Have you got a 206? If so, there's a plug assembly that can be found at the top of the passenger footwell. This assembly can come apart, especially if some lanky so and so sticks their feet right up behind the dash.

If this assembly comes apart, the brake lights default to always on.

It's a common problem on the 206, which can be solved by pushing the two parts together and getting a big roll of tape!!!

Will have a look when she gets home.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

oleras wrote: »
    Seems to be common enough on the 206 range, from another site :

Will have a look when she gets home.

Yep, same happened to me - it does seem to be common. The garage had the problem fixed very quickly.

Advertisement